Mental Support Community

How can I deal with my diet addiction?

• 2 months later...

I've found that there is only ONE way to lose weight sucessfully. Exercise more, and eat less. Thats all there is to it. We all have fast paced lives, and it can be tough to get into the habit of working out and eating right. But, if you have been able to continue to try to diet effectively over the last 15 years, I bet you can try this for 5 weeks.

Dieting is all about calories in vs calories out. This can be one in several ways. We all have a recommended daily calorie intake. This is based on several things including lifestyle, age, and how active you are. For example, I'm in my mid-twenties and very active (work out 3-4 times a week). To maintain my weight, I consume only about 2500 calories per day. If I wanted to lose weight, I would consume less than that.

Rule of thumb is 3500 calories equals one pound of body fat. So, if you were to consume 250 calories less per day, you will lose one pound in 14 days! It's that easy. (this is assuming you maintain the same amount of physical activity.)

Check this site out:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

On it you will find a calorie counter. Use this to figure out what your daily intake should be.

Try to do your best with it. I know that with some willpower and some self-love you will do well.

Good Luck!