Mental Support Community

My friends think I have issues...

AufSefreah

This is sort of difficult to talk about, but just recently my friends set up an appointment with a therapist because they're convinced I've got issues.

I met the three of them about a month ago, and I really liked the way they treated each other. They're all so funny and independent. Especially John, he's my favorite because he's so kind, handsome, and he'd never hurt anyone.

I've suffered severe abuse from family members, and just now I've been able to save enough money to move away and get a job. So I guess I was a little eager to make friends, but now they're saying things like they don't like how 'attached' I am to John, and how I lie, and how I'm harassing John asking him to do things with me that they don't think is normal and decent.

But you see, he and I have this connection, and I don't care what people think about it. He understands me and I think he loves me, which is fine because I love him too. And that's why I asked him to do things to me, and I understand that he acts like he doesn't want to because his friends are all weird about it. Maybe they're homophobic.

I guess I just feel really bad right now because I've been hurt so much in my past. I really just want to move on and have something great with John, and I feel like once again people are trying to make my life difficult for their pleasure.

They're taking me to my first session tomorrow. I don't know if I should go or not. It feels pretty good to talk about this, so maybe I will.

Hi

It would probably do you a world of good, to meet op with this therapist? You will be able to talk to him about your past experiences, in confidence!

Your friends are probably upset because they might feel that they are losing a friend in John? Because John has come so attached to you?

What does John feel about all this? At the end of the day, its the happiness of you that counts! Just make sure John is with you because he feels the same way and not because he pity's you?

Either way, please keep us informed!

John took me to my first session. The therapist made it clear that he did not want to direct me into any particular conversation, and that I should do the talking. I didn't feel comfortable so John started.

He said he feels I'm lost and lonely, and that I stuck to him out of a sense of security. Then he said these really hurtful things, like I was projecting a relationship that wasn't there. And that I was perverted. He wouldn't even look at me when he said these things.

It was awful, I was so angry I almost punched him. He is such a LIAR. We have a connection, I don't know why he's being so unreasonable about it. Even now it hurts so badly. I didn't say anything. I just sat there staring at the corner until John drove me home.

I don't know what to do.