Mental Support Community

If I had all the world's attention for 3:38 seconds...

ShameOnThem

General thoughts/preface:

I've been pretty inactive for a while because it's summer and I'm busy living life however good and bad it is, and I gotta say that what I'm coming back to is not making me want to keep coming back here. Who would have thought that a support forum for men with small penises would be so full of bitterness and self-hatred and misogyny. It'd be funny if I weren't so sad all the time. Don't get me wrong, there are still some great people who participate in these conversations, but I question whether it's worth coming back here every time I read incessant negativity dominating a topic. What is potential gain in posting a link to something so horribly triggering as a woman publicly mocking and humiliating her numerous sexual partners, and having it all go viral essentially because she's ruthless on penis size(which our media/culture needlessly obsesses over), on a fucking sps website? And then we all have a big shitstorm argument with eachother while hopped up on all the negative emotions that come up from reading that filth? I'm sorry guys, but my own psyche is enough of an anchor, I profoundly believe that there is peace and happiness out there for all of us, but you can't be at peace and happy if you're so eager to be miserable. Basically, I join IrmaJean in imploring you all to be constructive if you can muster it. I will try to do the same. I don't mind sorrow if it's what you feel, but when it crosses over into unreasonable and closed-minded pessimism/self-hatred I don't think it can ever be constructive for this community.

--------------

My actual post:

I don't really want to talk about my/your thoughts on my/your penis(es) right now. So here's something else:

At some point in the past, I decided that my default status of agnosticism was not fulfilling my desire to understand the relationship between my consciousness/ and everything that goes with it, and spirituality/faith. I don't believe humans will ever be able to completely understand God on a philosophical level(especially if we're supposed to understand God through reading words out of a book or showing up somewhere every week for some shit that is boring and not football and beer), but I have a very deep respect for people who are religious and faith in general. I certainly think there is more to existence than pure chance and circumstance, and even if there weren't, that there's more to god than existence. If we knew everything about our universe, we'd still not understand what there was before our universe and how we came to be. Basically, I wanted to try to find religion within myself and explore the greatest sense of truth I could wrap my head around. I've been doing this for some time now, and I feel like there has been progress, if only in deepening my own "epistemic humility" [http://crookedtimber.org/2013/11/07/epistemic-humility/] and forcing me to think about everything but why I'm so socially successful and romantically alone(it's not because of my sexual compentency or my looks or my body type or my social skill, it's because of the self-hatred in my own mind). I think there is universal importance in being able to explain a complex set of thoughts as succinctly as possible, so my most recent thoughts have been about what's the most condensed I could present my feelings about the world and how to make it more perfect.

and now even I'm wondering what the fuck am I talking about and why i wrote that all?

TL;DR

I've decided on my own personal religion: Chaplinism. It's named that for Charlie Chaplin and his speech from the ending of his Hitler/Nazi satire movie, The Great Dictator. I think it most perfectly encompasses what I believe is wrong with us and our world, and why we should still be infinitely optimistic about it all.

...So yeah, if I had the world's attention for just a short time, I'd want it to be making everyone watch(really watch and listen and try to understand) this video. I have a lot of thoughts on it's background history and why I believe the world would be infinitely better if we could all just understand what he's preaching, but I'll save that for the next post. So if you have the time, I strongly recommend watching this video and would appreciate any comments what you think of it.

And what does this have to do with the duke fuck list and body shame?

"...We want to live by eachother's happiness, not by eachother's misery."

"...Our knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost."

yeah it's kind of abstract, but our world is too short on compassion and understanding, so I don't think it makes sense for us who are suffering to practice intolerance and anger, least of all against other sps sufferers.

I really like the video clip!

But it's such a complex problem that is already rooted so deep in our society. Greed obtained by money, money obtained by power and power obtained by suppression. So ofcourse, the people that enjoy that kind of a life are the ones that are on top of this world. They are not interested in altruism.

I'm really hoping there's gonna be some awareness about how we should treat each other in life and how we have to erase the cancer out of this world. One thing is for sure; there has to be a huge change in our mindset to make this world a better place I believe.

• 1 month later...