Mental Support Community

How's everybody doing today? Hope all is well.

emed27

Hello everyone! How's the past week been treating u so far? Hope all is well with everyone suffering. I'm feeling pretty low today. Well everyday, but today  I feel the pain a little more. Trying to get my mind off things, hopefully hearing some positive things from my fellow sps sufferers well make me feel better. As for me, I recently joined a gym and just passed my driving permit at 24 years old. Better late than never I suppose. Now to learn how to drive behind the wheel lol. 

That's a good age to pass, I didn't learn to drive until I was 30. But as you say, better late than never. Now your have the freedom you always wanted but in reality you've become a taxi for friends and family lol. Things are good atm, got a job doing some bar work which is new for me. It felt really uncomfortable but what is the alternative, hide away again? Just staying positive and being kind to myself. So, do you have plans to drive somewhere good? It's a fun time when you've just passed, to quote Arthur Daley - "The world is your lobster". ☮

On 9/10/2017 at 2:24 PM, lookingforafriend said:

Learning how to drive was great for me, I can now stop using the buses round here are full of gits (begging for money, vaping, and generally being annoying)

Helpless, what do you do? I am a general dogsbody of sorts, as yoth says he is doing some bar work. Just curious what type of thing you do? :)

My job is networking, aka Cisco systems, and even though the pay is not bad is just not enough. I have to work my ass doing a lot of extra hours in order to try to have a living I would've been able to reach had I not dropped Engineering School due to my depression.  There's no local holidays,  no US holidays either. Vacations are scarce and not enough to rest. All of which have lead me to miss a LOT of trip opportunities with friends and family. And as you can imagine in that environment, women are not abundant....

Hobbies wise?? Well I do like to read, play video games play some guitar here and there. Oh and  I've tried to go to  the gym but I always end up losing motivation...I know it's stupid but  those hypothetical comments of " oh he is just trying to compensate"  and such diminish the will required to make that big effort...

I never go out and I've been sheltering -as my mom says- for like three months in a row....Not single night out with friend and let alone dates and I hate it. I don't know which one to hate the most: 1) my small, thin penis. 2) Or myself for allowing that to have the best of me......

I

I know what you mean about letting it stop you pursuing opportunities, I am by most standards a very bright person but I dumb myself down to avoid too much responsibility or drawing too much attention. I throw words into my speech such as 'do you know what I mean',  'it was like' etc. I feel that having piece bigger than a thumb would help me get further in life!

As a non loaded question, would you go out more if you had a few mates with the same small P worries/anxiety??

Are you based in the UK? - personally I am looking for chaps with the same worries to be friends with - if we are equal in that respect I don't have to worry about it becoming an issue or being bombarded with abuse which always seems to happen with every other male friend..

What games do you play? I like plenty of FPS on PS4 :)

On 9/13/2017 at 12:46 PM, lookingforafriend said:

I know what you mean about letting it stop you pursuing opportunities, I am by most standards a very bright person but I dumb myself down to avoid too much responsibility or drawing too much attention. I throw words into my speech such as 'do you know what I mean',  'it was like' etc. I feel that having piece bigger than a thumb would help me get further in life!

As a non loaded question, would you go out more if you had a few mates with the same small P worries/anxiety??

Are you based in the UK? - personally I am looking for chaps with the same worries to be friends with - if we are equal in that respect I don't have to worry about it becoming an issue or being bombarded with abuse which always seems to happen with every other male friend..

What games do you play? I like plenty of FPS on PS4 :)

No, I'm not Uk based  but thanks!!!! And I play mostly open world/adventure on PC.