Mental Support Community

the end

merylou

Hi Merylou,

Life seems unbearable right now, but you will get through this if you just take it one day at a time. Don't worry about getting through tomorrow, just concentrate on getting through this one day. You love your dog- find joy and comfort in that relationship. Your dog needs you.

You like to read- check out this online book at http://www.qprinstitute.com/Foreverweb.htm. It's called "Suicide: The Forever Decision". It helped save my life several years ago, and might help you as well. What have you got to lose? Your life is worth saving. Don't give up. We are all here for you.

Guest ASchwartz

Dear merylou,

There can be those times when all seems hopeless but, with time and help, things get better. You need to go for help immediately either to the hospital emergency room, calling the suicide hotline or call 911 for help.

We want you around here and we want you and your dog to feel better.

Allan :)

Thaks for the replies to my desperation. I saw my GP on Mon and she gave me 15mg Avanza at night, to go with the Seroquel at night and the Cymbalta in the morning. I think my anxiety has decreased somewhat, and am feeling a bit better.I am seeing a girl today from the Allied Mental Health Service and we will see what we can come up with. I am hopeful for some good results but am not holding my breath, it's very difficult to get services as I don't fit into a lot of the categories that are set for assistance. We'll see what happens though.

Meredith

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Merylou,

Well, that sounds good and I hope things work out with both medications and psychotherapy. Remember, any type of psychotherapy is better than none.

Please, keep us posted,

Allan :)

Thaks for the replies to my desperation. I saw my GP on Mon and she gave me 15mg Avanza at night, to go with the Seroquel at night and the Cymbalta in the morning. I think my anxiety has decreased somewhat, and am feeling a bit better.I am seeing a girl today from the Allied Mental Health Service and we will see what we can come up with. I am hopeful for some good results but am not holding my breath, it's very difficult to get services as I don't fit into a lot of the categories that are set for assistance. We'll see what happens though.

Meredith

Hi Meredith,

I remeber when you wrote about someone coming to see you for more assistance. Hope she can help you . I am unsure what catorgories you need to fit into in order to recieve help though. Glad your on medications and I hope your able to start therapy , and get the added support you need.

I know this is not the first post you have wanted to just give up. It is not fair to quit trying. Or to take your precious dog with you. I know your not thinking clearly when you write like that. Just very uspset and desparate. However, get the help you need, go to the ER, and take care care of yourself . Do not take it out on your beloved dog! Or yourself! I am hopoing for the best for you, and that you will get the services you need to began to feel better.

Take care of yourself.

Cathy

Thanks for replying. I do feel better on the extra meds not so anxious, wonder why they didn't think of it before this eh? A lot of the services provided in this country are for the frail/aged and unfortunately I do not fit into that category. I am going to start using a frame and lying about my age lol. A lot of places have groups you can go to but because of the agoraphobia I can't get to them, which is a bummer. I can't use public transport for the same reason and have no one to rely on to take me to where I have to go, so there is limitations as to what I can do. I did sit out the back in the sun for quite a while today and have caught up on some house duties, so all is not lost yet. The support worker I had lives just around the corner and although my contract has run out she says she sees me more of a friend than a client and will still help out. I don't think it is fair on her to take advantage of her kindness. At least the meds and I have pulled myself partly out of the hole, so again that is something. Thankyou for your words of help I really do appreciate them. I wish you all the best.

Meredith

Whatever you do and feel, do not give up on yourself. I know that is what seems like the easy thing to do at times when eveything is bad and upsetting. However it is the worst thing to do . Even taking a nap for a while is better then giving up entirely.

I am glad the support worker helped you feel better. Go ahead and let her help you. She considers you as your friend. Friends support each other and are there for each other. That is her way of telling you she wants to be there for you.

I am glad your feeling a little better. A little out of the hole. Better not so much inside the deep hole anymore . Take the meds, OK? Keep writing down your thoughts and feelings too. We will try and support you.

Cathy