Mental Support Community

Boner pants

Hi.

First of all. I don't know if I've put this in the right topic. If not, please move it!

I have an annoying relative small problem.

Some of my pants tend to fold, so it would look like I've got a boner. Today a colleague of mine noticed it and said "nice, huh". I was too embarassed to comment, that it actually wasn't "the real thing", but only a simple fold in my pants.

As I'm not 100% sure that he referred to the "bone", I found it quite ugly to tell him, what it was or wasn't, because what if he hadn't noticed it, and wouldn't bellieve me afterwards?

The same thing used to happen at grade school. Sometimes people said: "look he has got a bone", which it actually wasn't.

I feel terribly embarrassed, as people would think that I used to get sexual abused or something, which would have triggered the constant "bone"...

The "bone" only appears when I sit down. I usually try to hide that whole area with my shirt, but sometimes my shirt doesn't stay there.

The problem only appears on some of my pants, so I have considered to trash them, but I would like to hear if other people have had the same issue(s).

Guest ASchwartz

Hello,

I suspect that you are "pulling our collective pants legs." All I can say is:

1. Buy new and properly fitting pants and change your Avitar or Screen name. Frankly, I find it offensive and, I suspect, others do as well.

If you do not make the change I will bar you.

Allan:mad:

Hi Allan.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure, what you mean by "pulling our collective pants legs". If you are refering to the type of pants, it's just regular denim jeans.

Secondly I must admin, that I wasn't aware of the meaning of my username, other than it's a term often used by Ali G, which would have meant "wicked", "cool" or "awesome".

I've read about the word at UrbanDictionary now, and it seems that you are right, when saying that other people may find it offensive. I didn't mean to offend anyone though..

I will come up with a more appopriate username soon.

Well, I can remember at least once where people in high school mistook the fold in the crotch of my pants for an erection. At the time, I'm pretty sure I was mortified.

Nowadays, I have a tendency to discard the opinions of people so tactless (or determined to embarrass) and so incapable of discerning reality that they would say something like that, as indicating far more the idiocy of the source than any transgression on the part of the victim. (I love words.)

How did I get from the first viewpoint to the second?

I aged about thirty years.

Since you probably need something a bit more immediate:

They're idiots. Ignore them.

Hi Malign.

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean by "Since you probably need something a bit more immediate"?

Do my previous posts state that my English is bad, or did you just think I would be too lazy too read your whole post. ;-)

Anyway. Even though English isn't my first language, I'm pretty sure I understood your whole post, without reading the last sentence.. :-)

I will try to abstract (ignore them idiots!), but it would probably be the best for me to wear some other jeans as well.

Edited by Booyakasha
Typo

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Booyakasha,

Thank you for your response and explanation. It makes perfect sense. You know, it is another example of how communication can be so difficult. Many years ago, some U.S. politician visiting Latin Amerca, while boarding his jet plane to leave the country, raised his hand in "O" sign, to mean "OK." But, in that country, that particular hand signal means an offensive insult!!!

I am reminded of a very funny episode on the HBO comedy series called "Curb Your Enthusiasm." The main character, Larry, wore a new pair of liesure pants to the movies with a female friend of his wife. The pants were a little large around the crotch area and bunced up when he sat. She accused him of having an erection. The rest of the show centered around that, with him denying the entire thing and it became funnier and funnier as he got himself into deeper trouble with everyone.

Perhaps you really do need to wear larger slacks.

Can you tell us more about yourself?

Allan :)

Hi JT. Thanks for replying. I'm not really sure about what you mean by this:

Can you explain further..?

Sounds to me like you have an attitude....... JT

Hi Allan

Thanks for your reply once again.

I am reminded of a very funny episode on the HBO comedy series called "Curb Your Enthusiasm." The main character, Larry, wore a new pair of liesure pants to the movies with a female friend of his wife. The pants were a little large around the crotch area and bunced up when he sat. She accused him of having an erection. The rest of the show centered around that, with him denying the entire thing and it became funnier and funnier as he got himself into deeper trouble with everyone.

I gotta see that episode. Do you have any idea about which episode it was?

Perhaps you really do need to wear larger slacks.

Really? I had always thought it would be the opposite. The worst pair of jeans is rather large than small.

Can you tell us more about yourself?

You may want to read my previous posts, to see who I am.

As the days go, I find it harder and harder to talk to people; whether it's family, colleagues or the checkout operator at the local supermarket. I often sweat and blush (at least I feel I do) and it's really hard for me to keep eye contact with anyone. For some reason, I always bellieve or think, that I was more social the day before.

Alcohol is an exception though, as I feel that I can talk to anyone, when drinking bigger amounts of beers. I certainly don't have a problem with alcohol, but it is a pretty good 'ice breaker'.

My social anxiety is connected to my low self esteem, which I may have got back in grade school.

It was easy for people to bully me, as I never really was capable of defending my self. I always tried to ignore the bullying (or whatever it was), but for some reason it was funny to make me sad.

I may also have had my social anxiety my whole life. I don't recall though. My mum tells me, that I used to be quite social, but a caring mother always defends one don't they? Maybe I should talk to a stranger about this (read psychologist...)

You may notice that my explanation of my self have changed, compared to my other posts, but that is probably becuase I have realized something new.

Edited by Booyakasha

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Booyakasha,

I don't remember the episode or even the year. But, I'm sure you can find it.

I hope you understand that alcohol is not the way to go. The dangers of alcohol to your physical health and mental health are so great that it will create more problems for you than it solves.

What about entering psychotherapy to get some help with the possibility of, maybe, medication (or maybe no medication). I only mention medicine because it beats alcohol in terms of help. Psychotherapy, absolutely yes.

What about that???

Allan :D