Mental Support Community

flooded with memories

notmary

HOw is it possible that I remembered nothing and now I keep getting hit with these "memories?" Has this happened to others here? How did you make sense of it? How did you find yourself again? It seems like each thing that comes back is worse than the one before it. Who does this make me since I am not the person I thought I was. I don't think I can figure this out.

Hi notmary,

ive had the same thing happen to me not that long ago and it gave me a bit of a shock too,

I havnt figured it out and havnt any answers sorry.

I dont understand any of it either but one thing i do know is that i am still the same person i was, (not sure thats a good thing in my case :D lol) it hasnt changed me and you are still the same person you already were, it wont change who you are either.

im sorry i cant help -but i thought i was the only person it had happened to as well , that i was going crazy, and i dont want you to feel that way.

i just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Thank you Donna. It does help to know that I am not the only one who has had this happen. I don't believe that it won't change me. It has changed me. I feel like I am a shell. I am afraid, I want to be alone, I have withdrawn from everyone and everything. I wish I could jsut quit and am intensly afraid of what will come next.

Hi notmary,

I can really relate to thinking that memories change the person you are. I know that I feel that Im not the same person that I once was. A lot of my memories scare me senseless and Im sure that between the memories I have and things that have happened in recent years it has changed me into someone I no longer recognise as myself. Ive been told many times over by my friends on here and the p/docs and nurses that I am still the same person, I just have trouble accepting it.

You are the same person you once were, just that you are lost in your memories and are confussed, hurt and upset. When you feel this frightened and scared it clouds the person we actually are, and makes us react differently to how we once did.

Dont know if this makes any sense to you, Im having trouble finding the right words today. Just wanted to say that I agree with Donna and that you are diffenately not alone in the way that you feel.

Do you think that you may be able to talk about this with your therapist next time you have a appointment. your therapist will help talk you through the way that you are currently feeling.

take care

Jj