Mental Support Community

Um so

Scaredtoo

Please read this first...

http://community.mentalhelp.net/showthread.php?t=2945

Sense i received only 1 response to it..i thought i would post here.. I think it might have helped if i actually asked a question in that thread but mehh.. I had a hard enough time just writing it out let alone hitting the post button.

I would like peoples opinions about what i have posted, I am not looking for sympathy or anything like that. I would like to know what people think the consequences are/were. I am trying to basically find out if what i am going through is normal..

Good morning Scaredtoo,

Welcome to the "family". I'm sorry none of us responded to your first post and i think you're right, when I read it I wasn't sure what you were looking for. In today's post, it seems your asking for our opinion, but I'm not sure what you're looking for. It could be me and not your writing, but just to clarify, I was wondering if you could give us an idea of what kinds of questions or concerns you have? What kinds of things have happened in your life that stem from these "diagnosis" given to you (BPD, OCD, Aspergers)?

You do say you've been suicidal and think about it 2 times per week. When you think about it, how long do you think about (10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, longer, etc.) and have you thought about how you would do it? Also, have you made any plans of how you would take your life (e.g., bought a gun, overdose, self cutting, etc.). Also, it looks like you saw someone professionally for mental health reasons, can you give us any idea what came out of those visits?

This all must be confusing and at the same time, even disturbing and overwhelming.

By the way, I'm glad you had the courage to write in and ask for help, this is the beginning and as you tell us more, others will join in to provide support and encouragement.

Please write back,

David

Archived