Mental Support Community

Do you think I may be schizoid?

maverick

Reasons why.

1. I don't know who I am, just an entity in this body.

2. I'm a loner. For the most part this doesn't bother me, accept at times, like maybe a couple of weeks in a year this upsets me.

3. I've never had a relationship ( a girlfriend), because it feels like too much hard work. Like I'd feel suffocated, have to fake emotions. Sex is the only reason for having one, but I have a hand so what's the point?

4. I lack ambition. I don't know what job I want or who I want to be because everything seems pointless.

5. I feel constant boredom and emptiness.

6. I'm nearly 30 and felt like this since early teenage years.

Well, I'm not going to try to diagnose you, but ...

Does this situation hurt you, cause you pain, make you want to change it? That's the first question because, for some people, not being very social or emotional might be their "normal". If it doesn't bother you, it's okay to be different.

On the other hand, if it does, then you know that you need to change something. In effect, you're asking us what to change, and seriously, we're not going to be able to tell you. We don't know you well enough.

But that's not to say "give up"; it just means you might need professional help. You should try to see a doctor, and ask for a referral to a psychiatrist and/or a therapist. They will be better equipped to ask the right questions, to help you decide where to go from there.

The important question is, do you want to change?

Archived