Mental Support Community

Hybristophilia

sadgreeneyes

I know I get attracted to men whom I know are sexually aggressive. But only if I find them attractive in the first place. Well, that is not totally true, I have met up with a man I wasn´t that attractive too just because I know/have heard he is dangerous. And I nearly feel disappointed he didn´t act out a rape against me like I have heard he did to his ex wife. I did a read about hybristophilia and I find that I like the same as what they describe there. Does this mean that I am a person with hybristophilia? or is it masochism?

And what causes this thinking? I come from abusive childhood.

It feels like life gets bored if my boyfriend, husband or whatever didn´t have these aggressive traits:confused:

I also try to recover from abusive relationships, but at same time I find myself wanting the excitement it brings with being with a dangerous man. Not a killer of course, but a sexual dangerous man. I get sexually aroused being with such a man. I wonder if there is something wrong with me?

Untill yesterday I had never heard about hybristophilia and I could never understand why I want to recover ( which I want), but still want a sexual aggressive man. It didn´t make sense to me. It may not do even now.

Yes, I did even more research and found it can also be rape fantasies, something that is called ravishment. But it says that the woman doesn´t want to be raped in real. Doesn´t seems like it is like that with me, but maybe I just don´t know 100% yet. I think like you now, that it is right to put it under SM.

Well to be blunt... I like to be hurt and dominated.... some call it sick... I call it me..... But yes they tell me it is SM..... maybe that is what you are dealing with.... I have outgrown it now.... do not want to be hurt .... but use to be I COULD not get off unless I was in pain or being "raped" etc.... so maybe I know what you are talking about.... just wanted to let you know you are not alone....l JT

I seems like it can be SM yes, I have been thinking about it before, but didn´t find anything exactly about rape fantasies. I know they say it´s not normal, sometimes I wonder if it really is a deeper cause to it. Abusive childhoods or other things.

I like to be dominated, that the sexual acts are rough and forceful. I like the thought of being held as a hostage too. I even think I would like it in real as I still aren´t satisfied with the little excitement that has been, in real.

I know there exist many SM´s out there, now I know this must be categorized as SM. I´m glad it´s not that uncommon as I thought.

Oh... I could go on and go into detail... but I won't.... If you want to ... PM me and we can talk more bout this in private..... but like I said.... you are not alone.... I too use to have fantasies about being raped.... but who knows maybe I have just always been dominated.... like my " therapist" says.... who knows .... maybe you can learn stuff from a book or class.... I don't think so but maybe..... JT

• 1 month later...

Archived