Mental Support Community

Violent mind games

Guy Out There

Hi,

Rather than constantly clutter the forum with my useless depressing posts i thought i'd ask for you guys opinion on what the hell is wrong with me right now.

Thing is in the space of a day i go from being so charged i could run for miles to nearly overdosing myself back to i could do anything and my life is going to get so much better, i love my life and back to my life is a total failure, life is the process of dying so why not speed it up and end the pain...etc

Any idea what is wrong with me, i seem to be waiting forever for some treatment.

Thanks guys, Jack. :confused:

Hello Jack. I can't tell you what's wrong with you i'm afraid but I wanted to let you know you are not alone. I go through the same kind of thing constantly. From feeling like I could fly to wanting to curl up in some dark corner and never come out. While i'm on my upswing it feels so great, I feel I can do anything, accomplish anything. It doesn't last long though.:)

I haven't read your other posts so I dont know if you are on medication or seeing a therapist? I'm on meds but am not seeing a therapist, not because I don't want one but because there aren't any here.

I know my post isn't really what you were hoping for, that you are hoping that someone will have an answer. Well, so am I. Until then all we can do is try and ride out the waves as best we can. Take care.

Hi Endlessnight, thank you for your post, it's nice to know i'm not alone, i'm not on medication at the moment, i haven't even been diagnosed or treated yet because i'm on a waiting list for some psychiatrists or something like that.

I wasn't really expecting an answer but i hope you and i can find one soon!

Best Wishes :)

Hi I can so relate to what you are mentioning here. I can actually have a couple ups and downs in one day. I have been on antidepressants for a long time, and my dr has changed it now. Will start in about a weeks time with the new medicine. I have never been to therapy for it, but am seriously considering it. What I try on the downtime is to find something that I like doing. Even if it is only letting my mind wander to something "nice".

phoning friends and just talking helps me as well. This website is a big help as well. do u have any hobbies etc. which you like and can do when u are down or just anticipate doing them? I also found motivational books helpful, because they are usually very positive and uplifting.

glad u shared with us

ey I get that all the time too. Maybe it becuase we so depressed that any little positive feeling makes a big difference, and it being such a little positive thing, it is easily overcome by more negative tings,,,, hahaaa I'm sod drunk rigth now sorry.

Hi snoeps, i hope your new medication helps you to recover fast!

phoning friends and talking seem off limits to me, my friends left me and i rarely have anyone to talk to. I do enjoy going for long walks on my own with no other people around, sitting down somewhere peaceful and letting my mind drift away into what i always dreamed my life would be. Could you share some of those motivational books perhaps? Thanks for your reply ;)

ey I get that all the time too. Maybe it becuase we so depressed that any little positive feeling makes a big difference, and it being such a little positive thing, it is easily overcome by more negative tings,,,, hahaaa I'm sod drunk rigth now sorry.

Hi nathan,

Thats an interesting way to put it, i agree though, i get so depressed sometimes a simple "hello" turns me into a wild beast (in a good way...) but then something bad comes along and back to depression.

Amazing the things you think of when your drunk :P

Maybe all psychiatrists should be drunk when they see you, that way therapy would be a lot more fun (except for ex alcoholics)

Guest ASchwartz

Hello Guy and Nathan,

Have both of you thought about the notion that you are depressed because you have no people around? We are social creatures and feel better with other people. What makes this difficult for both of you?

Allan:)

Hello Guy and Nathan,

Have both of you thought about the notion that you are depressed because you have no people around? We are social creatures and feel better with other people. What makes this difficult for both of you?

Hi Allan, thats another interesting point. I got diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder today though which explains it i guess. Certainly having nobody to talk to makes it worse.

Trouble is there is no medication for lonleyness, a side effect of having all your friends leave you and hurt you in the process.

Hello Guy and Nathan,

I could make you a list, but then whats the point? It's the list that's the problem. You notice how more social people don't go off in tangents? They don't make lists of their problems, beacuse on some level that's all a load of crap. They also get annoyed with people that go off in tangents. Like the overly analytical person will piss them off. If you are social, you keep you're mind in a relative state of homeostasis, if you are not social, you do not know how to do that, or you do not appreciate doing it. The less and less social a person is, the easier it is for them to a) go off on tangents :) listen to other people go off in tangents.

Im sure if I made a list, I would be advised to to in some way get over the list, beacuse that's a tangent, and tangents are all bs to someone who is social.

woa, im off on a tangent. This makes it difficult to be around other people.

I'm sure this makes no sense by now, but if it does, it is kind of a closed thought, which is dumb.

sorry my head gets all wired up when a spend a day in a personaly training course, and then go for my night shift.

Archived