Mental Support Community

Spirituality

Guest GingerSnap

Guest GingerSnap

I don't think a lot of people really know what spirituality means and too often just associate it with church-going, religion and Christianity. So, I looked it up in Wiki (they are my favorite source since they go straight to the point) and am giving you this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirituality I think that so many people are spiritual and don't even realize it.:D

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Ginger,

I completely agree with you about spirituality. There is a huge difference between religion and spirituality.

In fact, I wonder what others think about the difference?

Allan

I see spirituality as refering to the life of the 'spirit', that which exists within us but is without physical form, since we also have a universe folded up within us. Religion, or the message of the prophets, can help us discern how that inner reality functions and what it is made up of (virtues for example), and nature and journey of the soul.

It's too bad religion often becomes more about dogma, tradition and a sense of superiority over the beliefs of other ... it so goes against the fundamental purpose of it.

Archived