Mental Support Community

My head's not right

harp

Sometimes when I'm in my room and it's dark, I get scared that I'm going to start seeing ghosts, or the demon I saw a long time ago I'm going to see again and I get scared and turn the light on as quickly as possible. I wonder what's wrong with me, am I psychotic? Or what? I don't think I've ever told anyone about this before.

Hi Harp,

I'm not an expert and I don't know what it is but I do understand how scary that is. There are times that I scare myself and have to turn the lights on too. There were times, when I lived alone; that I could not sleep unless I turned on every light in the house and the TV too.

Do you have a therapist? I'm curious what your therapist would say.

Sorry, I'm not much help but I'm here to listen if you need me.

--Neji

When I was younger I couldn't get to sleep unless all the lights in my room were turned on, my door was open and the light in the hallway was on too.

Hi Harp,

I remember you told us before about the things you used to see. Do you still see them? How do you feel about seeing them? I mean, are you afraid of the things themselves, or what it might mean, if you're seeing them again? Has your home life changed, since we knew you before? I'm glad you decided to come back.

Hi Harp,

I remember you told us before about the things you used to see. Do you still see them? How do you feel about seeing them? I mean, are you afraid of the things themselves, or what it might mean, if you're seeing them again? Has your home life changed, since we knew you before? I'm glad you decided to come back.

You mean the demon I saw once before? I only saw that once, it wasn't multiple times. Sometimes just thinking about it in a dark room alone really freightens me. I can't really describe why it'd scare me so much if I actually did see something like that, it's something that just is there and there's no explanation for.

hey Harp,

A lot of people become scared of seeing ghosts or demons when the lights are off, sometimes people see shadows and see thigns move in the dark corners and freak out, this usually happens after an experience of such thing.

I wouldn't say you are psychotic but it may be helpful for you to create some way (some personal ritual almost) of ensuring that the ghosts cannot visit you or cannot harm you. I used to have a piece of paper with some symbols written on it and keep it next to my bed (when i was younger), this helped me calm down somewhat.

Take Care... [Guy]

Archived