Mental Support Community

mixed episode?

CielObscur

Well I made a mistake. I watched all 25 episodes of a very heavy TV series in a couple of days. As a result I feel very depressed, but I'm also experiencing racing thoughts or something like racing thoughts; the music and voices from the show keep racing through my head nonstop. I don't know if what I'm going through right now is serious enough to be called an episode, but if it was, is this what they call a mixed episode?

Hi, I am undiagnosed as yet. However this is what is happening to me at the moment! I am under a crisis team that want me to attend a day hospital, the lady from there has spoken to the psychiatrist who believes that it is a mood disorder, but because of the speed of switches recently doesn't know what!!

Do you have a diagnosis of bipolar? Or? Is this rapid cycling new? How long did a heightened state last before!

Mine have been a few months at extremes until recently!

They have put me on Promazine to see what that does!

Hi

well I have bipolar and I have been disgnosed as an ultra ultra rapid cycler.

Mine sometimes changes many times in one day and then it may level off to changing once a day. Mostly mine is a few times within a week all with only hypomanic and mostly depression.

meds can sometimes cause it whether starting or coming off even almost 2 months after a med has stopped. It takes that long for the brain to settle back down.

I would suggest keeping a chart. 1-10 1 being suicidal and 10 being very manic and 5 normal. I chart twice a day becasue i change but write down what is going on each day. There may or not be triggers, maybe something you ate, drank can also affect. But by writing and seeing it, it might help you understand..

That mixed crazy rapid cycling is really hard and frustrating, so I feel for you. Not many people with bipolar will rarely expereince it...

Good luck :D

Hi, I am undiagnosed as yet. However this is what is happening to me at the moment! I am under a crisis team that want me to attend a day hospital, the lady from there has spoken to the psychiatrist who believes that it is a mood disorder, but because of the speed of switches recently doesn't know what!!

Do you have a diagnosis of bipolar? Or? Is this rapid cycling new? How long did a heightened state last before!

Mine have been a few months at extremes until recently!

They have put me on Promazine to see what that does!

Such energy :D though I hope it isn't a result of mania :( Yes, I was diagnosed a year ago when I had a severe manic episode with psychotic features. I don't know what type I am or whatever though. Yes, this rapid cycling is pretty much new. As for how long, let's see... I was moderately manic for a week before the hospitalization, and during the hospitalization, even heavily sedated I was still out of my mind for some matter of days (can't remember hardly anything about that couple of days so I don't know exactly how long it was). Then I started to calm down, though it took them another week to finally release me. So about 2 weeks. I'm sorry yours last so long :( But you should know, a mental diagnosis isn't like a physical one. There's a lot more room for error, so just because you're diagnosed with something once doesn't mean you should necessarily think of yourself as such. You're you, and that's all that matters :)

Hi

well I have bipolar and I have been disgnosed as an ultra ultra rapid cycler.

Mine sometimes changes many times in one day and then it may level off to changing once a day. Mostly mine is a few times within a week all with only hypomanic and mostly depression.

meds can sometimes cause it whether starting or coming off even almost 2 months after a med has stopped. It takes that long for the brain to settle back down.

I would suggest keeping a chart. 1-10 1 being suicidal and 10 being very manic and 5 normal. I chart twice a day becasue i change but write down what is going on each day. There may or not be triggers, maybe something you ate, drank can also affect. But by writing and seeing it, it might help you understand..

That mixed crazy rapid cycling is really hard and frustrating, so I feel for you. Not many people with bipolar will rarely expereince it...

Good luck

Well a few months ago my doctor cut back my risperadol from 2mg to 1.5, and then to 1 a month after that. So if changes in meds can have effects long after the change like you say, that could be it. Thanks for the tip, I'll try to remember. And good luck, sounds like you're having a rough time. ):

Archived