Mental Support Community

my parents basically holding me hostage

SoccerCoach88

So my parents are pretty much holding me hostage in the house. I'm only allowed to leave 3 days a week to go to school after I stop coaching. It'd driving me mad. I had 7 pseudoseizures yesterday at practice and my parents flipped out. Now they say this has to be my last week of coaching and then I have to leave the team, something and some people that I have learned to love. I don't know what to do, I act nice and polite about all of this but I really want to slap them stupid and say I have a disorder and it causes this. I have no control over it but can sometimes prevent them. They just don't get it and get mad at me not my condition. I am just so mad and angry and anxious right now, and can't talk to anyone about it I haven't this way in such a longgggg time it doesn't feel right... it's like grin and bear it. I seriously can't live like a prisoner in segregation w. an hour of freedom.

Kate.

I have about 5 conditions in one big complex condition: MDD, Anxiety Disorder, Conversion Disorder with pre-syncope episodes and pseudoseizure features, Fibromyalgia and just pseudoseizures (random). It's a long list of stuff....

I still live with my parent' because I'm 22 and still in college it's been a battle to try to get things done. They don't want me living in the dorms so that they can have some control in my life. I transferred to a place closer to home and I commute.

I have to interact with adolescents for at least 36 hours for a class, so I chose to assistant coach a girl's high school soccer team. It's so much fun, bringing back memories and I get that natural high. Soccer was my life for so long a time.

Now I'm just waiting to go to ortho, found something on the x-ray of my leg yesterday and they think I have a PCL tear. Which again freaks my parents out...

I just want to be normal, whatever that is.

kate

I understand your feelings and perhaps some will come along that can give you good advice.... just try to take care of yourself and TRY to talk to your parents... perhaps write them a letter? I use to do that .... sometimes it would help because that way they heard what I was trying to say and could not get out F2F...

At your age , you are an adult and can make your own decisions on how you want to live your life. If you can be financially independant then move out and into a dorm. Your parents are overprotecting you , but they love you and are concerned . That is why it is up to you to decide on how you want to live your life. Tell them you want to talk to them as adults. There are a lot of people who have problems that live perfectly fine on their own.

Archived