Mental Support Community

Would you say I was ugly looking?

Fedup

Fedup,

I don't think you should delete the thread. I wanted to help when i first read it a few days ago but just couldn't think of anything to say. Anyway, I remember your picture and the answer is "No". I empathize with you because I have felt "ugly" from time to time. It has caused problems. Body Image problems led to anorexia and bulimia in my teens. Poor posture, hair that just wouldn't behave, braces are more recent problems, which have made me feel bad about my looks.

So I gave myself a total makeover in the last year. Started exercising again, with a view to getting my energy, strength and mood up so I could stand up straight. I changed my hairstyle. My braces just came off today - yippee! As I did each new thing, I got unsolicited positive comments. That really boosted my self esteem. The last part of my "makeover" is fixing the inside. That's much harder. How do you get that "sparkle in your eye" that literally draws people to you? Well, that means, if you're like me, you've got to get rid of the depression, the rage, the worthlessness that you feel. For me, that's turned out to be a year of searching for the right therapist, who I have finally found just a couple of months ago.

All of the stuff above is within your control. How would you feel about yourself if you had a chiseled body, if you could hold your head up high, if you had the perfect hairstyle, if you had a sparkle in your eye and a nice smile (everybody has a nice smile). I know more guys than girls who wear contact lenses. I don't recall if you wear glasses.

I hope you get a chance to read this and i hope some of this helps. By the way, I think you were extremely brave to post your picture with the question. I'd be terrified to do that.

• 1 month later...

Fed up, I take it you put up a photo of yourself, then probably deleted, wise move, you dont know who browse's this forum.

As for looks being important for women, its way down the list of what they want in a man. Its cliche, but confidence, humour, and cleanisness are probably the top three, followed closely by romantic/seductive, conversation, listening skills etc. If you have a job, a car, and own a shoe shop, you're probably set.

Looks are subjective, one mans fat knacker is another mans nigerian princess. Basically you could look like Godzilla shitting a Zepperlin, and it wouldn't make much difference if you have 3 out of the 9.

I have a small cock, I'm depressed blah blah blah! Lookswise Im no oil painting, but it is amazing what you can do with a lop sided smile and a compliment or two.

HA HA HA, you guys are so funny. I just came across this and didn't know where to post it so since you are in such a lighthearted mood, here goes....

A boy was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week." The boy took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you and do anything you want." Again, the boy took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally the frog asked, "What is it? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?" The boy said, "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girlfriends, but a talking frog is really cool." :)

I do work out lol. I'm not insecure about my body people tell me I'm in good shape all the time. I'm insecure about my face really. Well my penis first and then my face.

Yeah I took it down just on the off chance someone I know browses this forum. Could get embarrassing.

Archived