Mental Support Community

My last hope disappeared today

Ramona123

I had a job interview last week and today was the day for the phonecall to the successful candidate - surprise it is not me. I've been unemployed for so long I think I'm unemployable. That coupled with my son being brainwashed by my ex leaves me with no hope for the future. I have no future. So now I need to firm up my exit strategy.

Ramona, I am so sorry that you are hurting. Obviously, I don't know your life or what's going on beyond what you put in your post, but I believe that everyone has a future. My life has seemed dark and hopeless beyond belief - and still seems pretty dismal - but I keep getting up every morning, putting one foot in front of the other...and I'm finding that there may be some hope after all. So I believe there must always be hope, for everyone. Please don't give up.

Is there someone you can talk to about how you are feeling? If not, or if you feel like you may harm yourself, please go get help -- go to a crisis center, a hospital...there are people who care and can help you. And we're here listening if you want to talk.

Ramona, I imagine you must be very disappointed about this, but things can change for the better if you keep walking on the path. Are you also feeling distressed about your son? Would it help to talk about this? I'm sorry you are feeling sad. :( Please keep yourself safe.

I had a job interview last week and today was the day for the phonecall to the successful candidate - surprise it is not me. I've been unemployed for so long I think I'm unemployable. That coupled with my son being brainwashed by my ex leaves me with no hope for the future. I have no future. So now I need to firm up my exit strategy.

Don't give up hope untill winter, right now there are traditionally more jobs than in say, january through march due to the yearly up-tick in the farming sector and the ansillary jobs created as a by product. Also, if you live in America, there are many social welfare programs to help single mothers, food-stamps etc. The Salvation Army has a program for people in your shoes (been there) they will feed and house you free for a limited time and help you find work. I predict you will come through this and be stronger on the other side for the experience. good luck to you dear child!

Archived