Mental Support Community

Scared & Worried

Leo1954

Posted my first blog last nite. I'm just having a very diffucult time for some reason and this might definitely sound stupid or weird I know I don't have much longer to be here. It's a feeling that I never have had [besides what I did before] My daughter also wants to contact her dad for some reason he isn't calling her. I want to call the police dept. to get him to call he has to know now he has got to help. I can't explain it, maybe I am struggling to deal with everything by myself. I start therapy with a new therapist tomorrow. She seems to me to be very helpful. I'm also having panic attacks so bad it feels like I'm suffocating I thought it was my asthma acting up but rite now I'm feeling this way but, 15minutes ago I was fine well not feeling like I do now. I guess I'm just getting all my ducks in a row.

Guest SomethingOrOther

Hi Leo,

have you been able to calm down a bit? I hope the panic attacks are over and that you can find some support with your new therapist. Have you seen her yet? Take care.

I hope your feeling better today. Sounds like you found a great therapist to hep you sort out things. I am sorry things are so difficult for you right now. Hang in there for the sake of your daughter. Many times, I have had to do this for the sake of my son, even though things are not going well for me emotionally. I wanted to give up too and not deal with anything anymore. But, I remember my son and that I really am the only one for him . That is what keeps me going despite the fact that I am falling apart. I hope you will come back to this thread and let us know how things are going.

mscat

I did see my new therapist I'm very pleased with my feelings toward finally getting a therapist to know me and help me. She wants me to get a disability worker for myself & my daughter. I didn't know I could get somebody for myself yes for my daughter maybe but me? She said with me being the way I am I need some help for myself also. She is very angry with the Dr. I just left she couldn't believe a practice that the Dr. & therapist don't coincide with each other. She definitely knows my meds. that I'm on now don't work. I have never had them changed because the other Dr. just left them guess she didn't care she is the one that said she had to much of a case load! I'm still leary but I'm going slow until trust builds up in me where I can trust another the last practice that I had from the beginning told my husband all I was saying in therapy I didn't find out till last yr. This happened in 2005-2008. Maybe that is also why we split up some of that anyway.

The only thing I'm scared of is will if I do get a disability worker how & if she will get to much into what is going on in my household I do like to keep some things private. Also the therapist will also talk to her to explain why she thinks I need help. HmmHmm!

Does anybody know or how should I aproach this. This is definitely a new thing to let someone on the outside in!

Guest SomethingOrOther

That sounds good that you get more support for you and your daughter. I don't know how to manage your privacy in this, but I hope you find a good way to benefit from the extra help.

Archived