Mental Support Community

Hard To Understand

Leo1954

This in my eyes is how cruel life can be. A friend of mine that I new since we were kids grandson was ran over by a trash truck Fri. the 1st. He was on his way home from summer school he was riding his bicycle on a rural road because that's wear they live a trash truck was coming around the corner neither of them saw each other. He was hurt so badly mainly because it ran over his back. A neighbor ran and got her daughter who went to him while they were waiting for the paramedics was laying beside him said Daniel I'm here he looked at her and said I love you. He died in route to the hospt. They just lost a daughter last yr. to a bacterial infection that spread so fast through her they couldn't stop it. I have a hard time why bring anybody in this world. I don't & won't comprehend why take something so precious & innocent away but, the big badasses get to live and survive forever no matter what they have done. And don't bring religion into this saying that they were called back to a better pllace because try saying that to a parent that has and is going through this and see how long your face stays intact!!!!!!!

Leo, first off I am so sorry this has happened to you and your friend. The question you ask is one I often puzzle over as well, I have seen many young lives cut short. There is nothing you can say to a parent that has lost their child other than just simply being there for them. We all have expectations that our children live past us. I don't think there is a true answer as to why, it is something family will bear with forever. I do agree and wonder why it is that such innocense is taken from this world when time after time, people who do harm and don't care that they do continue to live long lives so as to do even more cruelty. I often hear how sorry someone feels for an elderly person who maybe in a home or facility and no one comes to visit. The first thing that pops into my head is well, what kind of life did this person live, how did this person treat others, I know this is not true for all elderly who may just have selfish family..seen that too. But for others..hmmm karma.

Again, sorry for this tragic loss, my condelences and best wishes for the family as well as you Leo.

Guest ASchwartz

Leo,

I am also sorry for this tragic loss. I empathize with your refusing to hear religious comments like "they are in a better place," etc. Frankly, loss is terrible. You need to mourn and allow yourself to mourn. Also, there is no sense asking "why this happens?" In my mind, these and other types of awful things, are random in nature and that is all. Life is fragile and that is why we must value it. I will be writing an article about that soon.

Allan

Your right at times like this it doesn't help to hear comments like you mentioned. Often people just don't know what to say so they think that might help when in many cases it only makes the pain worse. The best thing to do is deeply listen to the person who is going through such intense pain and show you truly do care.

Archived