Mental Support Community

Poll: Obama or McCain?

WinterSky

Who do you think would make the better president, Obama or McCain?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think would make the better president, Obama or McCain?

• Senator Barack Obama
    • Senator John McCain

I'm not from the States, so I don't know how it's shaping up really - but over here in our media it looks like a foregone conclusion that Obama is in. Then again, there was the same sense last time round - no-one really thought that President Bush would be re-elected. Does it look like a closer contest when you're in the middle of it?

I'm not from the States, so I don't know how it's shaping up really - but over here in our media it looks like a foregone conclusion that Obama is in. Then again, there was the same sense last time round - no-one really thought that President Bush would be re-elected. Does it look like a closer contest when you're in the middle of it?

There's talk about the polls not being presented accurately. There is a certain percent margin of error in every poll. This percentage can go either way for either candidate. But it does look favorable for Obama. The world wants him I think.

We have also had some problems with the accuracy of the count. You might be interested in seeing the documentary, "Hacking Democracy", that was on our HBO channel here in the states. It is really scary to think of losing our democracy.

In my opinion? The world would be a safer, greener place had Al Gore won the 2000 election. I say do away with the electoral college!!!

Edited by WinterSky

I come from a long line of military family members, Navy, Marines, Army, and even the airforce. Two Uncle Vets from Nam and one was a POW. Two brothers serving in the Army and has been to Iraq more than once and in other areas as well. I have listened to the debates and did my own study of the two canidates. I have ever bought the two books written by Obama to see and learn more about him. I have looked up articles relating to both of the canidates and for anyone's information you can find out how each one of them voted or did not vote on several items that were on the floor. It is all public information.

Obama speaks of change. Which I think is a good thing. Listening to him though all I hear in the past couple of months was how McCain voted with Bush, and how McCain did this and that. I have yet to hear any solutions for Obama. What can he do to make the so called changes he speak of.

Because when it all comes down to it, none of the Presidents can do a thing without the House and the Congress passing those so called bills. Yes, I am talking about the Senators that sit up in those chairs and debate all day long. The President then has the right to say yes and sign off on the bill or VETO it.

For me when all is said and done I will go for McCain. It is not a racial issue or how one can do this or that. I will vote for the canidate that can say a pledge to our flag that so many has died for. I will vote for the one who understands what it took to make this country what it is. I love the flag and all those that died and gave their lives for me and my family. I dont care if Obama is Muslim... or is it Church of Christ now... I am a member of the Church of Christ and guess what... we have the American Flag in out church. So when I heard him give a speech that it went against his beliefs, what does he believe... what is he hiding... that was enough for me to turn away from him.

If you are going to run for the position of the most important. You should not be affraid of what you believe in. For this country was for all to worship who and what we believed in. It was build under the guidance and protection of God. I hope us the people of this country do not forget about that.

I have already voted for Mr. Obama, who I believe to embody the lesser of the two evils we are faced with. I expect a President Obama to become disappointing in the future, but I'll take that over Mr. McCain who is already disappointing.

Edited by Mark

Well, I don't live in the states but I think here on tv it seems clear that Obama will win, interesting how it is potrayed like this. It is like everyone already knows who, I would guess this anyways. I personally have not listened long enough to either to really give a opinion I don't really like goverment stuff and normally I find stuff in each person I don't like. I like what Mark said about picking the one of the less evils, that is how I see it when it is time to vote here, I normally vote for the one who does not seem "as bad" as all the others because when they get in to office really there is no garenty that they will do as they have said they will do...:)

I understand the "lesser of the two evils" mindset but, for me, that is McCain. I truly fear the changes our country will face with Obama in the White House. Yes, we do need change. But, not all change is good. May God have mercy on this country which was built under His banner and yet acts as though He has no place here. :) I just don't have good vibes about this election at all. :)

This is one Election Day that Tim would not have wanted to miss. I hope that MSNBC has Tim's son, Luke, on today. I really have not been paying very good attention to current events over the last few months, but I am wondering if Luke will take over for his dad on Meet the Press eventually.

In a way, my heart and my head are not in sync. As it relates to religion, I am not religious and consider myself a non-believer; however, when it comes to Tim today, I sense that he is here and it makes me very emotional.