Mental Support Community

Numbness returning

Verbally abused?

Seems like the past few weeks, my numbness is returning in full force. Kids whine at me about materialistic things.. I don't care. Hubby whines at me about lack of finances.....I don't care. Hubby has said a couple hurtful things, again.....I don't care. I don't feel the pain, sorrow, anger, dissapointment, or anything.

Indeed numbness has returned, only it isn't comfortable anymore. What do I do?

I don't know if this applies to you or not but with me I seem to have cycles of sky high stress and anxiety then numbness. Are you the same? I think the numbness is the way our body? brain? protects us from being hurt more than we already are. I know it's a little scary and kind of feels like you are floating outside of your own body, but all I can tell you is to hang in there, it should go away in a day or two. I"m sorry I don't any better advice for you Verbal, all I can say is try and reach out to your family if you can, to someone that will reach out to you in return.

I hope someone who understands this better than I do will answer your post. Take care.

I can also get like that. MIne is related to severe depression though , i have heard that it can happen in times of stress it is our way of coping with it. in order to deal with the numbness you have to tackle the stress . I am not good at handleing it , and cannot offer you any healthy alternatives. only that your not alone cause that happens to me a lot, and yes, sometimes I hate it.

Archived