Mental Support Community

My new improved life!

Misty

I have moved up to be near my children and so far things are fantastic.

I'm having them overnight three nights a week and managing great. I'm still feeling really well, to the point where I feel I may never be ill again! Just so normal!

:(:D:D

My ex has moved on and so is pretty much leaving me alone, but even when the grief does come my way, I am able to deal with it rationally! Which I think is throwing him completely! Lol!

I have a few issues with how quickly he has another woman in his bed with my children under the roof. My 9 yr old has shed many a tear over it. But all is righteous in his eyes!! ( because they haven't consummated) (yeah right!!)

But the divorce is going through on my infidelity, which piddles me off but it gets it moving!! Can't wait for the day when I can actually say he is my ex husband! Which wont be too long away!

Thats all for now i think! Hope this finds the rest of you well!

Good for you Misty. Divorce is so nasty especially when there are children involved but I'll tell ya, it's an empowering feeling to finalize that divorce and get your independence back. One doesn't realize how dependant they become on their spouse, even if the marriage is a total disaster, until it's all said and done. My first marriage was hell, I got married at a very young age. I'll bet he's taken me to court atleast 8 times since 2006, trying to get custody of my daughter. But the judge can see his claims are bogus. When I got my divorce papers, I literally celebrated with my friends. It will be easier as time goes on to tolerate him.

Thanks Jenna. :o eppursimuove, I'm not sure how long its gona take. I've just signed a confession statement and sent it back. I think it will be about 3 months!

Jenna, I was very young when i got married, 18 and pregnant! Stuck it out for far too long out of misguided belief that you make marriages work. We had split up a couple of times but this time was the death of all relations! Whilst hospitalised he would visit and tell me how hard it was for him and how he was struggling...no concern for me being sat in the nuthouse!!! Well shot of the manipulative, contolling person that he is! :(

I already feel empowered just being and living seperately so once the divorce is done it's fireworks and alcohol!! Lol!!

People with bipolar disorder can’t control their moods. They can’t just snap out of a depression or get a hold of themselves during a manic episode. Neither depression nor mania can be overcome through self-control, willpower, or reasoning. Telling a person to “Stop acting crazy” or “Look on the bright side” won’t help.

No but we can help ourselves by trying to alter our way of thinking. Telling ...the voices to shut up and pushing that little bit harder! Was in a bad place yesterday, after days of sliding...it took me all day but I got a handle on it! If we jst accept that things will be shit...they will be. Without meds it would be impossible, but we control our lives and I for one refuse to let bipolar win!!

For me, the best time to try to take control is after a crisis. At that point I have exhausted myself with more and more extreme thinking which leads to such an extreme mood that I stop fighting and just go "whatever!". I just can't tolerate thinking at all at that point. Coming out of it I'm a little calmer - mostly just due to sheer exhaustion - and I can tell myself to take a different approach. Sometimes some of it sinks in.

Hope things are still progressing forward for you Misty.

I know exactly what you mean. That exhausted moment when everything had just gone deathly silent. You know you've acted crazy.. you're still in some kind of floaty state and can use that time to muster help or put things together.

The first paragraph i stole from someone on facebook, the second was my response!

As this person I feel lets bipolar rule her life! She is medicated but uses bipolar as an excuse for a lot of things. Too scared to go out alone... yet will happily have conversations with total strangers and strip off in a car park. N no she wasnt manic at the time! I felt hopeless when mixing with her at times as bipolar was and probably is her life.

Whereas... for me...it's something I have to deal with, but it wont rule me. I refuse to let it. If it did i would never get my children back. So far the amount I'm seeing them suits me fine and I can't afford to jeopardise that! obviously if I did get ill there would be no getting away from it, but as long as I can recogise when I'm tipping over the edge, I can pull myself back up. I can also recognise when I'm floating up and can pull myself back down. Not saying it's easy. But if we ourselves don't try, who else will. It takes so long to get help in this country that helping myself is the only option.

Sorry went on a bit of a rant but I felt like it ! lol!

Rant away all you want:)! I can't help but notice a hopeful tone to yours though:rolleyes:.

Hard to get GOOD help. I do a ton of reading on the internet about mental health issues. Now I can tell the difference between a good therapist and a bad one. I try to read just enough to make it easier for the process to work but not so much that I talk myself into resisting him just out of my own self-destructive tendencies. Still have not found a good med provider but as that is not my preferred method, I can live without it.

Hope you can get good help soon.

I am hopeful! Life is for the taking right?

You don't like meds? Man, I would be a right mess without mine I love them. Dread to think where I would be without them.

I am long overdue a psyche appointment and am waiting for the local Community mental health team to get in touch! I've been registered at my current Gp for a month. Never tried Therapy so not a clue whether it would useful for me or not. I'm guessing it would be.

How are you then Athena? Coping with things? xxxx

I envy you for finding meds that actually work.

I am coping rather well considering the last week, thank you. My ex started taking $$ out of our house sale proceeds that were earmarked for my kids because he can't be trusted to pay his half of their expenses for the next 16 years. Never has, never will. I had a rather large freak out then have been pretty much dissociating since then. Trying to get the lawyers to seize the funds or find a way to get the separation agreement signed as is, even though one part of it is not complete. Honestly, where does a guy spend $100,000 tax free over a year and then have to dip into family funds because he's blown through that too? We have joint custody and he only pays about 10% of the kids' expenses. High priced hookers maybe? Hope he catches something deadly:mad::mad:!

Men!!! Is all I can think of to say! They are a law unto themselves!

Hope u manage to stop him taking from family funds hun as whatever he is spending it on it's not ur problem! N he shouldn't be making it so! Like you haven't got enough to deal with!!

(no offence to any male readers...perhaps it should say ex's!!)

What meds have you tried? N how do u cope without them?

I've tried Cymbalta, Mirtazapine and Celexa. At best, no effect. At worst, all the side effects. I've also had sleeping pills and Lorazepam on hand. When I gave up antidepressants, I was into the Lorazepam once or twice a day. My therapist got concerned about that so suggested Seroquel. My GP (who should be referring me to a psychiatrist but won't) prescribed 150 mgs of Seroquel/day. Way too high for me. Just makes me a complete zombie. So I stopped that and just use a half dose periodically when I want to be knocked out. I can pretty much dose on the time frame needed: 50 mg for night time knockout. 300 mg for 2 day total wipeout. I only did 300 once - never a two day period where I don't have to do ANYTHING. Alcohol seems to be involved a lot these days, but I never go overboard. If I get anxious first thing in the morning, I can go for a run. If there's no time for that, I find some other physical way to vent which usually isn't too pretty but works - that's a last resort.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry that you haven't found the right meds for you. It must be very hard.

My life wouldn't be moving forward if it wasn't for the meds. So I'm thankful I found one that worked relatively quickly! You never know there may be one for you, that they just haven't thought of yet. You seem pretty together though!

I had a panic attack the other day....out of the blue! My little boy was playing up in the chemist and my heart started racing, my lips went funny and my hands were tingly! I had to leave the shop and walk up n down outside trying to calm down!

I really don't know why I reacted like that, it's made we wary of going out on my own.

On a positive, I have met someone from an online dating site and we have got together a few times and text each other all day! It's put a smile firmly on my face!! So happy that I'm still moving forward!

Hope everyone else can beat the demons and find some happinness.

On a positive, I have met someone from an online dating site and we have got together a few times and text each other all day! It's put a smile firmly on my face!! So happy that I'm still moving forward!

Hope everyone else can beat the demons and find some happinness.

I think you have found the best med in the world:). I'm happy for you Misty.

Archived