Mental Support Community

The death of a family member.

paula

Awe cheers for that Gabs!

Yeah, Totally lost it, sorry to say! Been banged up in a Psychi hospital for 3.5 weeks. Did my head in! They wanted to section me for 6 months? Wern't having any of it! Told them if they section me then the first chance I get, I would KILL myself, and I meant every word of it! So I had to agree to let them try a coktail of Psychotic drugs on me for my Psychi, Skitzo state that I was in! They implied "my skitzo mania"! They said I was like a bull in a china shop? I dunno, can't remember?

Never stopped them from restraining my legs and arms though, did it! Anyway, thats all in the past!

How are you? Can see you've not been having a good time yourself? Hang on in there Gabs, I did, I know it was only by a thread but I'm here arn't I. Better late than never!

I would just like to thank everyone who has participated in this post and shown some remorse!

What's happened has happened! It's in the past! Now I am trying to move on. Shit happens! It's gotta come to us all one day, some people sooner than others? But life goes on, it has too!

Thank you to all that stood by me! CHEERS!

• 4 months later...

Hello Paula, I think you are still in shock. I found my brother after he took his own life in October and it takes awhile to for things to be accepted by our minds. Grief comes in many forms and one moment we can be pissed and the next just lost in pain. Stick close to your loved ones and I hope you find some peace. I wish you only the best, Donna

Hi sweetpea

My wish for you

Hello Paula, I think you are still in shock. I found my brother after he took his own life in October and it takes awhile to for things to be accepted by our minds. Grief comes in many forms and one moment we can be pissed and the next just lost in pain. Stick close to your loved ones and I hope you find some peace. I wish you only the best, Donna

Maybe your right? Stick close to my loved ones, I don't have no loved ones only my son and he's at College full time which is all week, but Thank you for your concern Donna, I really appreciate it, truly!

As long as you will have me, I intend to stay on this site, if thats alright? If it is going to cause any problems, just let me know and I will leave, saddened. But will not cause any unduly upset for anyone! So if anyone would rather I leave, then just say? No questions asked?

Paula, you have been instrumental in helping me cope. You showed you cared and it really means alot. I am so glad you are here and gave me such good words of wisdom. thanking you seems petty. but thank you!:o

If anyone is foolish enough to ask you to leave:mad: PLEASE don't listen... You do good work here!!!!

It shows your strength of character to suffer someone's death and turn it around and help a complete stranger cope with a loss of their own.

Paula YOU ROCK!!:)

nancy

nancy, you had me in tears there, truly. That is the nicest things anybody has ever said to me. truly! I can never thank you enough!

I know it hurts to lose someone, even now with me and it has been since last November. I still think about the people that have meant something in my life, & believe me nancy, there hasn't been that many! But... The few that have been... I often think about, but... It's no good thinking is it, there gone now! I just wish I could join them!

How are you coping nancy, Are things getting any calmer for you? I wish I could be there for you truly! I really don't know how you've coped? I do know something though, you'll get your rewards in Heaven, believe me! If anyone deserves them, you sure do!

Take care and always know that I'm here for you, anytime day or night!

Love & (((HUGS))) :-) XXXX

How are you coping nancy,

Right now I am just surviving. barely...

Are things getting any calmer for you?

I am afraid it is the calm before the storm.

I have done the best I can with what I was given. I have spent my entire adult life just trying to eek by with barely maintaining the basics in life. The same basics in life many take for granted..struggling with my mental illness has taken everything I have. the times I thought I would end up in jail, or thrown into a rubber room wearing a straight jacket boggle my mind.

My grief and sadness is trapped inside and I am afraid for when it blows. I wonder which will hold out longer? my heart or my mind?

• 1 month later...

Hi Paula, we cannot avoid death in our family because death is all our destiny. The only thing that made us cry is the emotion that we attached to a person thus making death painful. All we have to do is accept the reality and time will help us heal the pain. Be happy because you can be no matter what. :D

Hi crystalr0w3

Thank you for your kind words. I am learning to live with my loss but I will never forget! I don't think you do, learn to forget do you? Please ignore me if I'm talking a load of rubbish here as I'm in between meds here and I don't know whether I'm coming or going + the weather isn't helping any with it being soooo damn hot in the UK.