Mental Support Community

Mom

JustTrying

MOM Keith is lying in a .. what do you call it state??? They have her on morphine.... I wish she would just die... Really not trying to be mean.. she WANTS to die.. she wants to be with her God and her husband..... still the fight goes on with my sisters... not fighting with me but with each other... let it go until mom is gone.. right???

JT

Thank you... she is still hanging on I guess. No news is what it is. I wish I could be there. But I can't. I think I have come to peace with this.... And I am not going to be a go between for my sisters.... They have to handle it.

I have talked to a friend and she tells me to let things just work out the way they will.. that I cannot change things.. and maybe she is right. Although sometimes what you say to a person may have an affect.... But I have to take care of myself. I have alot going on right now. Hubs, the kids, Mom, New Doc.. the dogs, etc....

But it will be ok....

JT

JT - very sorry to hear that your mother has arrived at this point. At least with the medications she will not be in pain. That is no small comfort, I think.

Fighting will be amplified at a time like this - it's easier to attack others than to sit with the helplessness. So just keep that in mind. IMHO, it will be better to not engage the fighting if you can avoid it - especially if it might trigger you to drink or something of that self-defeating nature.

It is hard to just sit back and "let things Happen" I feel like I am loosing myself... that is what I do fix other people... Maybe not for real.. but I always thought I was!!!:(

However I have been told that is part of my problem. That I worry too much about other people and not myself. And I end up all stressed out not sleeping etc..... SOOOO I am going to let it go... I have to...

Thanks

JT