Mental Support Community

To laugh

Stigmabegone

Do you laugh? I don't mean a belly rolling laugh, but any kind of laugh. I very rarely experience a real good belly rolling laugh but I do laugh often. I laugh at a joke, I laugh at something funny someone does, I laugh at the irony in life, I sometimes laugh while at the same time crying in despair. I laugh over many different things in my life and when I am in many different moods. If I can manage to laugh, even if it is to laugh in anger or spite or deep hurt, then I know I am going to be all right. I know I will make it through whatever I am going through. It is those times when I cannot manage a laugh, cannot even break a smile, even at the most hilarious things that I know I need some help.

A laugh, something as pure and glorious as a laugh is all it takes to signal me which path I am going down. :)

I am not in a depression right now so I can recognize what a blessing it is that something like a laugh can work as a signal for me. I just wanted to take the opportunity to enjoy this knowledge while I am feeling good. Who knows when the next dark time will come?

I haven't mentioned my blog in a little while so if you want to learn more about me and my life with depression visit: stigmabegone.blogspot.ca

Edited by Stigmabegone
add something

• 1 month later...

Laugh and smile in generally is radiating with positive energy. It is way to express our self that we are positively surprised on other people's act.

"Plain smile is a thin straight line, and the welcoming of the horizontal projections of these same lines, and the vertical - something like a piece of the semicircle."

:)