Mental Support Community

Thank God for the internet!

Proverbs31:28

I used to be a fanatic Black Friday shopper. The kind of person who mapped out stores ahead of time and carried lists and gameplans for weeks ahead of time. But, over the past few years, I have been less and less able to handle crowds, much less screaming, chaotic crowds. So, for the last 2 years, I have not been able to do any BF shopping. But, this year, I found a website which maps everything out for BF shoppers- but with an online shopping plan! So, I was able to get some of the BF bargains without stepping into a store AND it only took me 45 minutes of shopping versus hours of driving from store to store. :D

I used to be a fanatic Black Friday shopper. The kind of person who mapped out stores ahead of time and carried lists and gameplans for weeks ahead of time. But, over the past few years, I have been less and less able to handle crowds, much less screaming, chaotic crowds. So, for the last 2 years, I have not been able to do any BF shopping. But, this year, I found a website which maps everything out for BF shoppers- but with an online shopping plan! So, I was able to get some of the BF bargains without stepping into a store AND it only took me 45 minutes of shopping versus hours of driving from store to store. :)

Personally I dislike lines in stores and have no patience for it. I've been doing my shopping mostly online for years. More and more online merchants are accepting PayPal which I really appreciate. And I've never had any problems.

When I took a Pascal class in 1993, my instructor suggested that everything we do, we do on computers. Well I knew a guy once who had his Xmas lights programmed on his computer! Not sure how he did that but found that quite interesting. :D

One negative aspect of doing everything on your PC, is that one can become more home bound, and that is me. Ah well... :)

One negative aspect of doing everything on your PC, is that one can become more home bound, and that is me. Ah well... :)

I know others would see this as a negative, but for me, I prefer it that way. I do as much shopping online as I can, as well. I HAVE to get out for my kids (ball games, school stuff, etc.) so if I can stay home and shop, there's no reason not to!

I know others would see this as a negative, but for me, I prefer it that way. I do as much shopping online as I can, as well. I HAVE to get out for my kids (ball games, school stuff, etc.) so if I can stay home and shop, there's no reason not to!

I'm glad that works out for you! :) You see, for me I live alone. So being home bound is not the best thing in that situation. I envy you though, that you have your kids. But even if I didn't live alone, I think I would still love shopping online; expecting packages is like Christmas!

• 1 month later...
I used to be a fanatic Black Friday shopper. The kind of person who mapped out stores ahead of time and carried lists and gameplans for weeks ahead of time. But, over the past few years, I have been less and less able to handle crowds, much less screaming, chaotic crowds. So, for the last 2 years, I have not been able to do any BF shopping. But, this year, I found a website which maps everything out for BF shoppers- but with an online shopping plan! So, I was able to get some of the BF bargains without stepping into a store AND it only took me 45 minutes of shopping versus hours of driving from store to store. :D

Neat! I did not know you could do the black friday shopping online as well :D Oh that is the most awesomest thing Ive ever heard. I will have my xmas shopping done in an hour verses a year hehehehe Thanks Proverbs for the 411!!!! :)