Mental Support Community

Ever given any serious thought to surgery?

I'm thinking about making the goal of getting surgery a priority in my life. I've researched this and the general consensus seems to be that good permanent gains can be had (for girth, which is what I need) if you get the alloderm procedure instead of the fat injections. Has anyone here ever talked to someone whom has had any of these procedures? Or, better yet, have any of you ever went as far as having a consultation? With the price being under 10 grand and financing available, I think it's worth a shot. I mean, sure, there are risks involved, but there seems to be a very high success rate with this if you go with the right surgeon. And since most of us here are incapable of having successful sex lives with what we've been born with--what do we have to lose, lol? If my pecker falls off as a result of it, what's the harm?

Yeah,once I get a job, I'd definitely be willing to scrounge, save, and forgo the purchasing of a car for this if there's any possibility that it would give me a normal sex life. Your thoughts?

no no no no- all the ops have poor satisfaction ratings from the patients.

I looked this up extensively in the uk and usa.

DONT DONT DONT do it.

Wait 7 years till more research is down and long term surveys show better patient happiness.

ps if you are 5in girth you shouldnt have this op anyway- many women are content with average

pps yes its crappy being small but even less women will want you if your dick gets destroyed- you get that dont you?

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, it's a dice-roll. I've noticed the low satisfation rates, however not everyone has been dis-satisfied with it. And having your penis fall off as a result is'nt that big of a risk, lol. I believe that the low satisfaction rates are due to guys expecting unreasonable results, or guys whom get the fat-injections and then end up with lumpy penises. Me, I'm not looking for anything great----no, I'd be happy with just a slight, permanent increase in girth...and, from what I understand, this can be accomplished with alloderm insertion.

Sure, waiting a few years until there's better research would be fine if I were in my twenties, but I'm in my early 30's now...I want a functional pecker while I'm still young!

Thanks again guys.

I ran across a forum one time for guys who have had surgery. There were some success stories. There were also a bunch of horror stories, complete with pictures that will make you sick. Some of the guys there had the alloderm graft. It was really obvious where the graft started and stopped in their pictures. They are thin at the base and thin near the glans, with a much thicker section in the middle where the graft sits. They didn't look normal at all.

There's a chance that your penis may not be functional at all after surgery. They'll ask you to sign a release that says just that prior to the surgery. They do that because they know how great the risks are and they want to make sure you can't file a lawsuit against them. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the procedure, does it?

I ran across a forum one time for guys who have had surgery. There were some success stories. There were also a bunch of horror stories, complete with pictures that will make you sick. Some of the guys there had the alloderm graft. It was really obvious where the graft started and stopped in their pictures. They are thin at the base and thin near the glans, with a much thicker section in the middle where the graft sits. They didn't look normal at all.

There's a chance that your penis may not be functional at all after surgery. They'll ask you to sign a release that says just that prior to the surgery. They do that because they know how great the risks are and they want to make sure you can't file a lawsuit against them. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the procedure, does it?

Yeah, your right..but it's pretty much the only hope that I have. I mean, lets look at the options:

1. Continue as I am and eventually commit suicide

2. Roll the dice and have the surgery...and maybe, just maybe be satisfied and then go on to lead a normal life.

Lol, if I have the surgery and it does'nt go very well, what did I lose? I'm already screwed, so a botched surgery would mean that I'm still screwed but at least I tried.

I don't know. I guess it all depends on how ya look at it. For me, continuing like this for the rest of my life is'nt an option. Either it gets better or I die. Period. Like everone else here, I want sex, love, children, self-esteem, confidence, and all the rest that goes with it. Lets face it---as men, these are the only things that make life worth living, it's what we're supposed to do. Sure, I've read those posts by other guys whom claim that "life is about more than sex" and that they simply focus on other stuff like work, hobbies, etc...but I think that their just fooling themselves...such things only provide temporary relief. No, we (or at least I) will never be happy without women.

But anways,thanks guys. I'm going to continue to research this, however I've pretty much made up my mind. As soon I've held a job long enough to get some financing, I'm probaly going for it!

Well "less than happy" It appears that you are sporting an inch longer penis than many

members of this board, yet you feel things are so bad for you

that you would consider suicide??

The woman will never be born that could say anything to me that would make me

consider it. As I have recommend to others, you need to start thinking about yourself

and find some way to even like yourself as you are. Then you will be able to live a little bit and

even get to use your very AVERAGE sized unit to please YOURSELF.

Who knows? You may even find you can please another at the same time.

For me, continuing like this for the rest of my life is'nt an option. Either it gets better or I die. Period. Like everone else here, I want sex, love, children, self-esteem, confidence, and all the rest that goes with it. Lets face it---as men, these are the only things that make life worth living, it's what we're supposed to do. Sure, I've read those posts by other guys whom claim that "life is about more than sex" and that they simply focus on other stuff like work, hobbies, etc...but I think that their just fooling themselves...such things only provide temporary relief. No, we (or at least I) will never be happy without women.

I hear you loud and clear. I've posted pretty much the same thing here in the past. Those are the things I want in life too and like you, I'd rather die than go on without them. I think about checking out every day.

I get what you're saying about the surgery. If you believe that you have nothing to lose, then go for it. But please do some more research and really think it through first. When that surgery goes wrong, it really goes wrong, and there's no going back. I've thought about surgery too, but my problem is length and unfortunately, the lengthening surgery mainly just makes it hang lower when flaccid and has little effect on erect length.

I hear you loud and clear. I've posted pretty much the same thing here in the past. Those are the things I want in life too and like you, I'd rather die than go on without them. I think about checking out every day.

I get what you're saying about the surgery. If you believe that you have nothing to lose, then go for it. But please do some more research and really think it through first. When that surgery goes wrong, it really goes wrong, and there's no going back. I've thought about surgery too, but my problem is length and unfortunately, the lengthening surgery mainly just makes it hang lower when flaccid and has little effect on erect length.

So whats your plan ? If surgery is'nt an option, are you at least in therapy? How do you deal with it?

No, I'm not in therapy. I tried a few different therapists several years back, seeing them didn't make any difference. A therapist can't fix the flaws that make me unacceptable and talking about how screwed up I am didn't make me feel any better. None of them had any suggestions for me, so what was the use in continuing to go? They knew my situation is hopeless just as well as I do. You know things are bad when your small penis is one of your lesser problems. I don't deal with this at all. How does one deal with not being good enough to have the only things in life that matter to him and no way to fix the things that must be fixed in order to be good enough?

I understand. I only asked because I thought that maybe you had some ideas that I could use to cope.....but, really--when it comes down to it---your absolutely right.

I believe that people with our condition should qualify for disability checks. Sure, I talk about getting a job, going back to school, etc, but I honestly doubt that I'd actually be able to function in an environment that includes women. I'm afraid that I'm going to end up homeless and all alone one day because of this. Yeah, the psychological issues that stem from this are definitely hindering my ability to function. For example, I went to the store tonight and came home feeling depressed because the cute blonde working the register smiled and made small talk with me. Pathetic, huh?

I understand. I only asked because I thought that maybe you had some ideas that I could use to cope.....but, really--when it comes down to it---your absolutely right.

I wish I had some ideas you could use. I wish I had some that I could use. I think a person can cope with it as long as there's a good chance that they can find someone who will accept them and love them.

I talk about getting a job, going back to school, etc, but I honestly doubt that I'd actually be able to function in an environment that includes women.

I'm afraid that I'm going to end up homeless and all alone one day because of this.

I can't believe you posted those things. Just yesterday I was talking about jobs with my dad. I asked him how am I supposed to work (if anybody would even hire me) when I can't spend five minutes in the store without getting very depressed because of all the women and couples and families I see. Three days ago my mom came to visit me. I told her that I was going to end up homeless when she and my dad die because I won't be able to pay the taxes on the house I live in. Were we separated at birth or something?

First off, suicide is never the answer. I lost a friend to suicide and you should all understand that while it's an easy escape for you, the rest of us spend the rest of our lives wondering if we could have said something, did anything that would have stopped it from happening. That's just how I felt after losing a friend. I can't even imagine how his family felt.

Secondly, a lot of you focus so intently on the negatives you can't even recognize your options or what you could offer to someone else. It's so much easier to give up than it is to fight for what you DESERVE from life.

There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who understand that with effort comes reward and those who put forth no effort and still think they are entitled to the rewards. Pick who you want to be but realize if you chose the later you're going to be miserable.

I wish I had some ideas you could use. I wish I had some that I could use. I think a person can cope with it as long as there's a good chance that they can find someone who will accept them and love them.

Yeah, technically speaking, I actually believe that this is possible for any of us. The problem of course is getting over the crippling social anxiety...and then being able to endure the numerous rejections and humilating experiences that the process would require. Yeah, the average 14 year old male is more confident and experienced with women than I am. The very idea of getting into bed and pulling out my wamker in front of a highly experienced thirty-something female is terrifying!

I can't believe you posted those things. Just yesterday I was talking about jobs with my dad. I asked him how am I supposed to work (if anybody would even hire me) when I can't spend five minutes in the store without getting very depressed because of all the women and couples and families I see. Three days ago my mom came to visit me. I told her that I was going to end up homeless when she and my dad die because I won't be able to pay the taxes on the house I live in. Were we separated at birth or something?

...we're just dealing with the same situation. Like I said, this is a very real disability. ..and apparently you and I have have it pretty bad.

I still say you both have more options than you give yourself credit for

Sure, we can either join a monastery, become homosexuals (and be the "females" in such relationships), roll the dice and have risky surgeries that have low satisfaction rates, or we can submit ourselves to the numerous humiliations and rejections that would be required in the process of finding a woman whom will accept us.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who understand that with effort comes reward and those who put forth no effort and still think they are entitled to the rewards. Pick who you want to be but realize if you chose the later you're going to be miserable.

Cece, this stuff might ring true for other issues, but this deal of having a small penis is on an entirely different level.

The average joe does'nt have to put forth so much effort to have sex and love in their lives. It just comes natural. We're sad because what comes natural and so easily for almost every man on the face of the earth is an extreme challenge for us.

One cannot truly understand this issue unless they experience it first hand. Many of us have no confidence, no self-esteem, we suffer from social anxiety, we're socially maladjusted--there are numerous issues that arise as a consequence of not having a normal penis.

Effort is a lifetime commitment LE. Sure, we have failures and disappointments along the way but, the second you give up you move yourself to category #2.

I'm not in category 2, Cece. I don't think that I'm entitled to anything. I don't deserve anything. I ruined my life. The penis size I couldn't control, but everything else I brought on myself.

I do want to add one more point. A lot of you feel socially inept. That's never going to change unless you start interacting socially.

I don't have a job and live in a small town in a rural area. Social interaction here consists of going to a bar, which I hate. So how do I interact socially?

Read through all the other posts in this forum and you'll see people with a lot bigger, life altering problems than the size of their penis.

One common thing that links everyone here together is that we all feel our problems have altered the course of lives.

Through observation you can clearly see those who are still trying and those who have given up. You can also see the difference in the quality of life between the people who still try and those that who gave up.