Mental Support Community

What does a parent do?

Hi VA. Good to hear from you.

I'm sorry your daughter is struggling. My middle child (a girl) struggles socially too. I know it can be tough. :( Does she feel anxious in social situations? Is she being teased? Maybe there is a counselor at school who might talk with her or have suggestions. I think it does helps to listen, support, and encourage them. Does she have any interests or hobbies? My daughter loves to draw and this is her outlet to express herself. Is your daughter happy and outgoing at home?

I'm sorry you're going through this. I know how painful it can be painful seeing our children struggle. :(

Edited by IrmaJean
wording

Hi VA. Good to hear from you.

I'm sorry your daughter is struggling. My middle child (a girl) struggles socially too. I know it can be tough. :( Does she feel anxious in social situations? Is she being teased? Maybe there is a counselor at school who might talk with her or have suggestions. I think it does helps to listen, support, and encourage them. Does she have any interests or hobbies? My daughter loves to draw and this is her outlet to express herself. Is your daughter happy and outgoing at home?

I'm sorry you're going through this. I know how painful it can be painful seeing our children struggle.

My daughter, also the middle, seems to only find you tube or Netflix as a hobby. I am so worried about her, I wish I knew what to do. I am not sure if homeschooling would be an answer or not. While she would not be bullied or picked on, she would not have much opportunity to get out and attempt to make friends either.

Does your daughter socialize with anyone at all? Maybe you might invite a friend over to the house? It might help to build her confidence some and possibly give her some friendly company at school. Are you receiving any help or advice from school counselors? Does she have any strategies to help her combat the bullying? I understand that is not easy. I hear your worry. We are here to listen if expressing yourself is helpful.

Take care.