Mental Support Community

Rock Bottom

mama2fourboys

Well...I don't even know why I'm here. I just need support I guess. I feel so alone at times.

Long story short, I'm battling depression due to various reasons. I split from my husband 4 years ago, we have 4 boys, met the man of my dreams, he has one son so now we're a family of 7. My dad's really sick, my father in law is very sick, my finances are beyond horrible and I'm helping out a woman with her 2 kids. I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't leave her homeless. She said she would be gone by April 1st...

I am overwelmed. I'm currently supposed to modify my work hours, but can't afford to. I am on Cipralex (20mg) plus sleeping pills for my insomnia plus anxiety pills.

My doctor asked if I had a date....didn't know what she meant, when all of a sudden, I found myself a "due date"....a light went off and I got scared.

My boys need me. I know they do...but I feel like I'm failing them. I feel like a big failure that is struggling to keep a roof over my kids head AND put food in their bellies.

I don't know what else to do.

*cries*

Losing a husband, marrying another, raising 7 kids, working at the same time, plus providing a home for a mother of 2; that's a LOT for one person to handle. This sounds like financial trouble and life challenges rather than actual mental health issues. Try reconnecting with old friends,or maybe talking to church elders. Elders are encouraging and they have lots of connections. They can pray for you too.

Welcome to our community, mama2fourboys. :)

Life sounds very challenging for you at this time. Having so much going on can feel overwhelming at times. And insomnia too...I'm sorry you are struggling. :(

Can you take some time to yourself? I understand that must be very difficult when so much is on your plate, but it really is essential. Self-care is so very important.

My boys need me. I know they do...but I feel like I'm failing them. I feel like a big failure that is struggling to keep a roof over my kids head AND put food in their bellies.

Being a parent is very challenging and none of us are perfect. I hear your feelings. I think too when we take good care of ourselves, this enables us to be in a healthier space to care for others. Can you reach out to friends for support? A counselor?

I have struggled with insomnia myself and no sleep can make everything so much more difficult. I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well. :( Would some relaxing activities help? Meditation or reading? What comforts you?

I hope expressing yourself here helps. We are here to listen and support you.

Take gentle care of yourself.