Mental Support Community

Permanent forum

paula

I think it would help if a permanent post on this site was under the name of The Law and your Rights!

I think this would benefit the forum site as well as everyone in the society!

I understand that there's people from all over the world that may come and view this site, and that there being different laws for different countries, but members can help one another by giving information to the best of their knowledge who may live in that particular country, on that particular query?

What I'm saying is: This is a forum site for anyone and every one. So if anyone has got a specific query, then they could post that query by asking if anyone knows of any information, of what the laws stands for that particular query/country, Clearly stating that by no means is the information given in any particular post, THE LEGAL LAW! That it is the Law explained to the best of their knowledge, of individual member's on this site.

That Administrator's and Moderator's of this site, will not be liable for any action taken or any information that is given, on that particular query.

Mark/Allan or anyone who is involved in the running of this site, could write up an agreement stating that, it is the sole responsibility of anyone who cares to pursue any action taken if any, on the information that is posted on this site by any particular person? Clearly indicating that the information given is by no means to be taken as the actual law, for that particular query/country. If they are in any doubts as what the law should be, that they should seek out an expert who is specifically qualified in the field of that particular query, or anyone who is qualified to give legal advice.

The information that is contained above, Mark/Allan could write out in a legal manner and can be written, which is permanently shown at the start and an agreement acknowledged, before they are allowed to proceed to go any further and view any information contained, on answering any post. This could be done in an agreement similar to that set up for the agreement to view any forum site?

This is just a thought that I think would help a lot members/people who come and view/visit this site, not knowing of which way to turn when they are dealing with any such issues, that may well add to their Mental state of mind?

Happy New Year, Paula. I agree that everyone stands to benefit from studying their rights and legal system. Further, I understand that parties to a legal dispute may experience psychological distress. However, detailed discussion of legal topics and concerns generally fall outside the scope of this community, and it is unlikely that a focused forum of your description would be adopted.

For instance, this community was not intended to discuss tort, land, contract law, or the like. If a member posted a concern of a psychological nature with a legal matter as part of the context, other members will certainly offer support. But, as this is a mental help community, the support will largely focus upon mental well-being.

There are other forums created with the intention of discussing legal issues which may be of use. Also, if you are in need of legal counseling, there are probably local community services in your area you can call on.

Your thoughts to improving the community are very much appreciated. But, if any posts containing a legal context do arise, I think the existing forums are capable of accommodating them.

Happy New Year to you too Kaudio.

I agree that everyone stands to benefit from studying their rights and legal system. Further, I understand that parties to a legal dispute may experience psychological distress. However, detailed discussion of legal topics and concerns generally fall outside the scope of this community, and it is unlikely that a focused forum of your description would be adopted.

May I take this opportunity to remind you that, it is some of these Legal issues that help to contribute to the Mental State of some of these people's mind's? By adopting this approach to some of these issues, may in-fact, help to contribute to a speedier recovery and help ease the worry and stress that these situations cause?

For instance, this community was not intended to discuss tort, land, contract law, or the like. If a member posted a concern of a psychological nature with a legal matter as part of the context, other members will certainly offer support. But, as this is a mental help community, the support will largely focus upon mental well-being.

This forum site might not of been intended to discuss Tort Law in such, but you forget that it is indeed some of these Psychological problems that I have mentioned, that do indeed affect the Mental State of people's mind's and I think that's a matter of the community to say whether these issues are relevant or not, don't you? These issues are mainly the concern, that has in one way or another, have brought on some of the symptoms, that contribute to our mental state of mind! I know that I am not only speaking for myself, regarding these issues!

There are other forums created with the intention of discussing legal issues which may be of use. Also, if you are in need of legal counseling, there are probably local community services in your area you can call on.

This is not only about me here. No one mentioned anyone in need of any legal advice! As I work in the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) here in the UK, I have no need to seek legal advice, as I am the one that people come to, to find out their rights on legal advice, and know what I am talking about, and have no need to call on anyone!

Your thoughts to improving the community are very much appreciated. But, if any posts containing a legal context do arise, I think the existing forums are capable of accommodating them.

Don't you think that it is for the community to decide whether or not they would like the idea of this forum to exist or not, also, I think the administrators have a right to say whether it would be a good idea or not, wouldn't you agree, instead of speaking out for them and taking it in your stride to make the final decision!

This wasn't intended to be nasty or anything but Kaudio, isn't there something written in the rules on this site that a decision isn't solemnly made without consenting other member's of staff of the situation first! You might of been made up to a Moderator, but it doesn't give you the rights to speak on everybody else's behalf?

If this is the Thanks you get for trying to add a bit of a difference to the site, that "will help some of these people" well I won't bother in future!

I apologize if I appeared to be speaking on behalf of other members. Everyone should feel welcome to share their thoughts regarding your suggestion, just as I did. Further, I did not intend to say you had legal difficulties, but I did offer some suggestions in case you did.

As you say, just because I am a moderator does not entitle me to speak for everyone. But, when I do make posts, I wish to be clear that I speak for myself. My posts may seem to suggest otherwise, but I do not claim to speak for other members, moderators, and administrators.

I was sincere when I noted that your thoughts to improve the community were very welcome, and I hope you will continue to share these thoughts with us.

I apologize if I shown any form of being ungrateful but it came across to me that you didn't appreciate my suggestion's? As I mentioned in my previous post, "yes" it was only a thought!

I apologize if I appeared to be speaking on behalf of other members. Everyone should feel welcome to share their thoughts regarding your suggestion, just as I did. Further, I did not intend to say you had legal difficulties, but I did offer some suggestions in case you did.

It did appear to me as though you was speaking for others and again, I apologize if I have read into your tag wrongly? As I see it, it was as if my original post had not even been given a chance to have the public's view's on the idea, or the administrator's, with it being over the festive season?

As I said previously, it was just a thought and I will keep my mouth shut in future! I know when my opinion's are not wanted!

As you say, just because I am a moderator does not entitle me to speak for everyone. But, when I do make posts, I wish to be clear that I speak for myself. My posts may seem to suggest otherwise, but I do not claim to speak for other members, moderators, and administrators.

Looking back at your post, it does seem clear that you was speaking for yourself, the community and the administrator's also, unless that too, I mistakenly took wrong! The fact is, You never even gave it a chance? That is what had got my back up? I could understand it coming of a member/visitor, but to come of a moderator without giving the idea any thought, just annoyed me, that's all!

Anyway, it's done now and I'm just sorry that this post got misinterpreted. At the end of the day, were here to help one another! It's the beginning of a New Year and the last thing I want to do is upset anyone?

I hope I haven't offended you in replying to your tag, and the way that I have replied, but you see what you get, meaning: I'd rather be honest with you, than call you behind your back! I don't work like that, and I hope this doesn't cause an atmosphere between the two of us, concerning future post?

I think we both have had our two penny's worth!

As Allan says, human communication is difficult at best. After reviewing my previous posts, I can appreciate how strong my tone was. Certainly, my position may be wrong, but regardless of what is decided regarding your suggestion, I did not take offense to our discussion here. Also, while I am a moderator, if you look under my name for each post, I am a member of the community. Besides a few more tasks – if that – there is essentially little difference in status between myself and other members.

Again, your thoughts are very welcome, and I hope this experience will not discourage you from continuing to share them.

Hi Kaudio

The only difference with being a Moderator is, I think, that you have goy the authority to delete certain post? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Anyway, there's no harm done!

There is one thing though! I think that I could of posted this post under the wrong heading, as it keeps getting knocked of and preferably, I would of liked everyone to see it, so they could give their opinion/suggestion, whether they think it would be of any use or not? I understand also, that it could be ignored ? But at least everyone would of had a chance to view it? (And NO Kaudio, that is not having a go at you, honestly!) It's my own fault, I should of posted it in the Announcement forum?

If you cannot change and put in the announcement forum, could you let me know so I can send Mark a private message to see if he will do for me?

Cheers anyway!

Hi Findingmyway

Well first, I would have to know which country they're in? There's different laws for different countries!

Secondly, it would all depend whether or not, there was any children involved and the type of tenancy they have? Or whether the property is being bought and again, whether it is being bought in joint names or a buyer in common, which means, that each buyer has an equal share in the property.

Here in the UK, the Law states that if two or more people are buying the property jointly, they will be joint legal owners. The agreement of all legal owners is needed if the property is to be sold, although if there is a dispute, an owner can apply for a court order to decide how the property sale should be handled?

Then there is the 'beneficial ownership' to be considered. This means the shares in the property to which the owners are entitled?

There are two types of beneficial ownership: Joint tenancy and tenancy in common. The most important difference is what happens when someone dies. Joint tenants all own all of the property, so if a joint tenant dies there share passes automatically to the remaining joint tenant(s). Tenants in common each have a share in the property that they can dispose of as they wish, either while they are living or through their will.

If it is the American Law that you are after, then I cannot help you there, but maybe someone else on this site can? Sorry!

Your welcome! I'm just sorry that I couldn't be of any more assistance? As I stated, I live in the UK And am very familiar with the Laws and Your Rights, but any where else in the world, I'm afraid that I am clueless?

But answering queries, doesn't mean to say that a Law would be totally different for a different country? And if so, then maybe they can get some idea's of what they might be able to do, of the answer's that I give on your right's for people in the UK?

Anyway, I'm just glad that I can be of some assistance, if any, at all?

Take care!

I'm not opposed to a forum where people can ask legal questions in principle, but in practice it is an idea that makes me nervous. The law is something that really only lawyers should be advising people about (or legal advocates working under the supervision of lawyers). It is a very precise thing that keeps mutating and changing all the time, and I worry that people might give other people inaccurate information which might end up harming them in some manner. I don't mind informal discussion, mind you, but no one here should be representing themselves as a legal professional (even if they are I don't have documentation of that and cannot endorse it), and no one here should be representing that they know technical things of such potential consequence that they don't know. It would be the same if someone were to come on here and say they were a physician and start dispensing medical advice. I'm not opposed to that in principle, but I need to fully vet someone who wants to do that; you know what I mean? Given my caution here, do you still think this idea of yours could work Paula?

Paula, I do think that Kaudio came off just a bit dismissive, but I also think that you have perhaps overreacted to that, as you will sometimes do. I don't get the sense that Kaudio is trying to speak for the entire site; just voicing an opinion.

Finally, a note to say that I've had stomach flu the last few days and hopefully now I'm starting to get better and will be around a little more.

Mark

I would just like to say that this idea, undoubtedly is going to cause eruptions with the administration staff and moderator, and we can't be having that now can we!

It was just a thought, which I have learned to keep to myself in the future!

I will NOT Be advising/suggesting/supporting or what ever you want to call it, anyone with regarding their RIGHTS and the LAW! In the future, as I don't want to tread on anyone's toes, as I assume I have?

May I thank the members on this site, that was prepared to give it a go? Unfortunately, it is a NO-NO!