Mental Support Community

Passing Time

Obsolete

@Victimorthecrime I like Discharge, The Exploited, GBH and a shit load of others but I'm a metal head at the heart of it. There's a great YT channel called Dule666 I believe, great for the obscure HC stuff. I was in a punk band not long ago too, we played a few gigs which were good fun, but as a recovering alky the boozing puts me off, I can't help myself, the atmosphere calls for a piss up haha. Yeh, Cobra just passed me by, it was treat ha, I'm gonna put Demolition Man on tonight for the boy, see what he thinks. 

@Resolute If I'd ever seen it growing up I probably wouldn't have liked it that much, but not having seen it, the whole thing was a cheesy 80's cliche and I enjoyed it lol. It was like Kung Fury or something. They don't make films tongue in cheek and fun anymore, it kind of died in the late 90's. Commando was good "Let off a little steam, Bennet". Where did all the quote worthy quotable quotes go too? "Send a maniac to kill a maniac" lol. 

Yeah those days were all about Shwartznegger, Van Damme & Stallone. Any remember AWOL? I think it was called Lionheart in the USA. Universal Soldier? Blood Sport? Kickboxer? Hard Target? Passenger 57? Street Fighter?! Man the nostalgia is strong :(

@Small you just added a few classics to the list, some great films there to go back and watch. Time Cop and Double Impact too. I watched Demolition Man last night and they'd changed all Taco Bell references to Pizza Hut. Which is weird because I had it on video and it was Taco Bell. Apparently they changed it for the UK but that's the first I'd heard of it. The bad dubbing was quite funny tho lol. 

there are like a hundred universal soldier movies lol. with van damme, lundgren and so on. i remember kickboxer, lionheart, bloodsport and street fighter. passenger 57 starred snipes, who was great in some other movies like u.s marshals but i forget the name of the other one. tommy lee jones was in us marshals and the fugitive with harrison ford. both great movies. hard target was ok, but hard to kill wasn't bad either, with seagal. another seagal classic is above the law.

seen double impact; and time cop wasn't a bad one either.

ya it's taco bell. if they had to change it, they should've made it domino's, not pizza hut. :D

@YahwehOrTheHighway

Omg I had only seen the Taco Bell one. I won't lie, I sort of grew up in a bubble & had never heard of taco bell so I assumed it was some futuristic chain. Lol. I searched long and hard before I found a VHS of Time Cop but the quality was so bad it's on my unseen list. Double Impact is a classic as far as Van Damme films go. Only reason I didn't like it back then was because it got my older brother hyped up, we each picked a JCVD to role play and would "play fight". I got my ass handed to me many a time thanks to that film. 

@Resolute

Yeah they went went overkill on the universal soldier franchise. I forced myself through one about 6 months ago actually, starring a UFC fighter called Andre Arlovski. The first one was sik at least. You guys are tempting me to rewatch some of these. Have you seen The Quest with Van Damme & Roger Moore? 

I didn't see the one with Arlovski, I'll have to find it. I noticed Krzysztof Soszynski was in Logan, got his head lopped off ha and George St.Pierre was in Winter Soldier. All these UFC fighters getting movie work even if it is bit parts. Bisping is in one this year too about some cockney old boy boxer, based on a 'true' story apparently, doesn't look great tbh. 

He's a mouthy prick! A middleweight UFC fighter from England that talks shit non stop. Somehow, he's the champion right now but he's probably the worst champion on the roster. Not very talented and scrapes through fights by pure willpower. He acts like he's hot shit though. 

I've watched Bisping from day one and him knocking out cuckold was my favourite moment in MMA. I always said the only way he'd get the belt was by grit, luck and Silva being out (scared to kick). He scraped through the Silva fight, but who gives a shit, he got British stink all over the belt, only person I could ever see doing it if the conditions were right. This was before Manuwa to be fair and after Paul Daley getting dropped so the UK pickings were slim at best. Rockhold beating Bisping the first time was a god send in hindsight, he looked through him like there was no chance he could be beaten and that's a mistake with Bisping. Admittedly he's not the best fighter in the world but he's not a sted head either, he's done it all clean. Which is more than can be said for (the list is endless nowadays, they're all juiced up). But even though I love Mike and the journey was amazing through every up (belt) and every down (Hendo) he's come good for us. We don't have anyone even close in most divisions, and without a decent wrestling background I doubt we will again for a while (Manuwa aside, coz who knows? Anyone can get caught). But if I'm honest he's annoying the crap out of me atm lol, he's everywhere and he never shuts up, fucking guy is squeezing every penny, which is why he's worth 8 million I guess and Mighty Mouse is worth 900k. Personally I'll be rooting for him against GSP, but GSP is gonna lie on him for 5 rounds and suck the hype right out of the whole thing. Bisping gets a pay day, us Brits can pat him on the back for a job well done, and GSP can go on to lie on top of Yoel. The future looks bright for the UFC? Connor pretty fucked it imo by making it peak and sealing is fate. Sold to be picked apart. I miss the old days...

McGregor used to say some good things. One thing that stuck with me & I'm paraphrasing - "You can't hold on to a victory. You have to let it go in order to move on". These days, fame & success have got the better of him outside the cage. ( He's rumoured to vs Partying, on coke & booze and banging prostitutes). Inside, I suppose time will tell but it typically catches up with athletes. Overall I like him because much of what he says shows he's a deep dude, and the showmanship is part of the job. Idk though. He certainly has me fooled. I actually like trash talk, but the way Bisping goes about it is cringe. 

My favourite fighters are the Diaz brothers. Their aura is organic & legit. So when Nate beat Connor that was a good day. I wanted to see McGregor vs Khabib too, shame the Russian missed weight against Ferguson. The mighty mouse thing annoys me. I want to root for the little guy but he rubs me the wrong way. Very annoying to listen to, so I don't follow him or watch his fights. He isn't even the "good guy". He's a do-good, passive aggressive, patronising piece of shit.

You have point about trash talk. I no longer feel compelled to root for a guy because he's British though. Did you catch the Joshua vs Klitschko fight over the weekend? I was rooting for Wlad because I like the guy more. Why has everyone forgiven Joshua for being a convicted drug dealer? He walks around selling sound bites of "stay humble, stay hungry" and it's all good? Charisma & success go a long way towards exoneration it seems. Anthony Joshua isn't even his real name. It's Oluwafemi Olaseni! If AJ went back to the neighbourhoods he sold drugs in and spent significant time & money to righting his wrongs I'll forgive him & buy his pay per views. If not no way!

He'll have the courage alright, about 2 million quids worth, it's a money fight plain and simple. But I agree with you, GSP will use him as a mattress for 25 minutes. But, If Bisping catches him and does a Serra, we'll have another god knows how many months of him mouthing off as champ ?. I love him really, I hope he molly whops the fuck out of that gibbering Canadian twat ? haha. I don't watch the boxing Small but it's all my brother watches, he keeps me up to date on whatever he's watching and I tell him (aka the brick wall) about MMA ☮??