Mental Support Community

What is this?

Esruc

I'm a voice hearer and they generally give a running commentary on ones thoughts and actions. If your'e like me my days aren't filled with new and exciting things to do, so the impact is greater when you feel miserable about life. Not only do you feel low but you have voices telling this to you.

Two years later I follow the voice dialogue model and it has helped me to deal with the voices. So now if I feel low the voices are not criticizing but just commenting on possible reasons why I feel the way I do. So it's not as heavy going. I still lay in bed and wallow from time to time but it does pass.

So i think that if you look at your situation as temporary it gives you some hope, and a little hope can go a long way.

Es, lots of people talk to themselves very negatively. Most of the time, they don't even hear the actual words, just the conclusions. A large segment of therapeutic strategy aims to change the cognitive distortions people have through what are called cognitive behavioral therapies. Basically, you try to make yourself aware of the thoughts that pass through your mind, and then you question them.

There's no evidence that the future will be anything like the past, especially if you change, for instance. It might be the same as it has always been, but it might not. If you assume it will be, then you make the prediction come true.