"Time flies like the wind,
But fruit flies like a banana."
Another week has passed.
Most of it, I spent online having fun when I was supposed to be working. Good thing I fake it well. Having so much fun, in fact, that at times, I barely had time to post a snatch of something to my old friend bloggy.
So, time for some reflection. What have I learned recently?
- I'm a good person. It's getting to the point where I don't even need people to tell me. It's nice if they do, of course, but I no longer feel a need to seek it out.
- I can disagree with people without ending up doubting myself. I've been given several "opportunities" to doubt myself lately, and I have refused. Not that there's no room for doubt, but that I have to move forward anyway. This would be a valuable one to extend to other areas of my life, wouldn't it? ;-)
- A person, any one of us, can make a difference. It makes it almost an obligation to try: what if, for lack of just your little effort, the opportunity is missed? Now, clearly, taken to extremes, this thought is a potential black hole of stress. That's probably because I stated it in the negative (old habits die hard), but I'm feeling it in the positive. How much more hope there is, if any one of us can help.
- There's no such thing as "too late". Even on the brink of madness, in great pain, people can turn their lives, if not around, at least back towards the light. It's a privilege to watch.
- I can feel. It has been in there all the time. Let's see where listening, for a change, takes me.