Mental Support Community

Old Scenery, New Life.

Pseudonym

I've moved back. I'm back to work in construction, which I've realized that construction, though not fulfilling in many ways, makes me happy for now. I make a fairly good living, nothing to write home to mother about, but I make enough to get by. My life is back where it started before my last relationship. However, I am further. My philosophies have grown, my sense of responsibility and duty have matured. I am ready to make steps in my life, commitments that I was not ready to make before.

I'm looking at houses to mortgage, I'm working on my writing and creating, I'm back in school, working to become a clinical psychologist. I am seeing two therapists, one is a Psychiatrist, the other a Psychologist. And I am on medication: Abilify. I'm enjoying the company of my good friends, and trying to make new ones. I'm realizing slowly that is where I'm the happiest, around the people I love. I think my cycle of misery is ending. I think that my life is beginning.

You see I have realized that life is like a boxing match. You spend it struggling against a force that's stronger than you. If you're smart and quick on your feet, you can avoid a lot of hits (like getting in debt, getting arrested.) But you ARE going to get hit. BAM - Your girlfriend, source of happiness, leaves you broken and shattered. BAM - You and your friends get fired from your job because the company buckled down. BAM - Your new wife finds out that there's a one and million shot of having kids.

So what do you do? Why you roll with the punches. And moreover, punch life back. BAM - Be happy anyway, with out her. BAM - Start your own company, and give your friends jobs. BAM - Have a kid anyway.

All of these are real instances I have seen or experienced.

My life has been turned upside down. But the upside is what I'm concentrating on. And the down is something I'm living with. After all, I can either fix it, live with it, or whine about it. And whining about it does nothing for anybody.

I am back in the same place. The same scenery that I knew before. But a new life that I will come to know.

- Anonymous.