Jump to content
Mental Support Community

Hidden metamorphosis for everyone


Miracle
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi again mental Support community,

an idea crossed my mind. Since there seems to be some kind of High Intelligence that rules this universe, do you think that every human has the potential of achieving a metamorphosis in his being were he can achieve his maximum potential as a creature? hmm... there is a big difference being in the first stage of metamorphosis being a larvae (crawling=punished? limited freedom?) than being in the last one, butterfly (flying=freedom symbolism? maximum potential for this unique creature? free from its more primitive form?)

I have always tought, that this High Intelligence, have used low intelligence creatures such as insects to teach us, "high" intelligence creatures, deep knowledge that could be the answer to some of our existential problems. hehe I have always compared ants's society to ours. Always working, with hierarchy, goals, solidarity. Perhaps insects and animals's metamorphosis can teach us humans that if we make the right decisions and do the exactly needed things, we could be transforming this maximum potential into maximum wellbeing.

So, is there a sleeping "super us" in every one of us that could hatch / not hatch depending if we make the right decisions in our life and do exactly the most benefitial actions tailored for our reality/history/uniqueness?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Resolute said:

hello miracle and welcome to the community.

my personal opinion is that everything in the universe is completely deterministic and therefor unchangeable. every person will necessarily reach his/her maximum "potential", regardless.

Thank you Resolute. You mean that there can be positive and negative potentials? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why only one outcome? What creates this limitation? So lets say that "John" and "Peter" both have depression. They are under the same exact conditions, but John makes good decisions and perseveres in doing beneficial things for himself while Peter just stays depressed, making bad decisions. Both will reach the same result?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Why only one outcome? What creates this limitation? So lets say that "John" and "Peter" both have depression. They are under the same exact conditions, but John makes good decisions and perseveres in doing beneficial things for himself while Peter just stays depressed, making bad decisions. Both will reach the same result?

both will not reach the same result because they took different paths. they took different paths because their respective situations are very different. their situations are different because they are totally different individuals. they are different individuals because no two things are completely identical. it's logically impossible for two things to be 100% identical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Resolute said:

both will not reach the same result because they took different paths. they took different paths because their respective situations are very different. their situations are different because they are totally different individuals. they are different individuals because no two things are completely identical. it's logically impossible for two things to be 100% identical.

Ok, I understand about the uniqueness between individuals. How about myself: Before finding the right antidepressant, I spent a lot of years trying to change my thinking, to no avail. Then I found the rght antidepressant and my mind started changing by itself, with no intervention, for the better.

In my experience, I needed to have a clean canvas (more stable thinking thanks to my antidepressant) where to start drawing my improvement.

Then I reached the choices stage. How to paint this canvas, which style to use, what to draw. (how to deal with my problems)

I believe choices are a huge determinant for every unique individual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Miracle said:

So, is there a sleeping "super us" in every one of us that could hatch / not hatch depending if we make the right decisions in our life and do exactly the most benefitial actions tailored for our reality/history/uniqueness?

 

Hi Miracle. I think there is much more to transforming our lives than just making the 'right decisions',  some people have truly awful circumstances where no matter how hard they try situations are difficult to escape. Also, sometimes you don't know if a decision was the right one until ages later.

Not saying that people cannot make big changes in their lives, I just don't think it is the individual's sole responsibility, there are other factors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, Miracle.  Hope you find comfort here.

I think i agree with Jazz's proposition that some of human suffering is in fact a reasonable, natural response to awful circumstances.   Poverty is poverty; not just a "bad attitude."

That said, i do think that choices matter:  our negative circumstances can make us think that life is ENTIRELY predetermined, and that there's no point in looking for a way out.  We become passive and we stop watching for opportunities.  That's a trap.  

Hope you remain watchful, Miracle.  I wouldn't want you to miss that doorway to a better future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, Miracle. I want to welcome you too. :) It's great that you have found a medication that has been helpful to you. I hope you continue to move along a healing path.

I do believe in the possibility of positive change, growth, and potential, but I agree that there are likely a lot of factors at play. I also think it's true that some life situations may be very difficult to overcome. But maybe too by sharing we can help one another to better understand our different experiences and hopefully also see possibilities where perhaps we hadn't before.

Take care, Miracle.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, jazz said:

Hi Miracle. I think there is much more to transforming our lives than just making the 'right decisions',  some people have truly awful circumstances where no matter how hard they try situations are difficult to escape. Also, sometimes you don't know if a decision was the right one until ages later.

Not saying that people cannot make big changes in their lives, I just don't think it is the individual's sole responsibility, there are other factors.

Hi jazz,

yeah, it is hard to escape from deep problems. It is interesting to see people with very similar problems try different solutions. I believe having a healthy brain (without chemical imbalances, with no blood irrigation problems), is the key to at least achieving an estate of "mediocrity/neutrality" were we still aren't happy but are sufering less than before/not suffering.

It is in this estate of "mediocrity/neutrality", were the power of making good decisions and confronting our fears, might put us closer to a estate of happiness.

Just now, TooOld4This said:

Hello, Miracle.  Hope you find comfort here.

I think i agree with Jazz's proposition that some of human suffering is in fact a reasonable, natural response to awful circumstances.   Poverty is poverty; not just a "bad attitude."

That said, i do think that choices matter:  our negative circumstances can make us think that life is ENTIRELY predetermined, and that there's no point in looking for a way out.  We become passive and we stop watching for opportunities.  That's a trap.  

Hope you remain watchful, Miracle.  I wouldn't want you to miss that doorway to a better future.

Hello TooOld4This,

negative auto convincing can make us waste a lot of years. I agree with you about losing hope and remaining passive. It is as if our brain puts curtains so we cannot see what strategy to take. I guess the brain does this so we avoid the suffering and stress of hard situations. Avoidance doesn't make the problem go away. I guess that when the brain does this avoiding, it sends those difficult stressful situation to the unconscious (bad news, hard to have control over this)

Thank you for your kind wishes, TooOld4This.

Just now, IrmaJean said:

Hello, Miracle. I want to welcome you too. :) It's great that you have found a medication that has been helpful to you. I hope you continue to move along a healing path.

I do believe in the possibility of positive change, growth, and potential, but I agree that there are likely a lot of factors at play. I also think it's true that some life situations may be very difficult to overcome. But maybe too by sharing we can help one another to better understand our different experiences and hopefully also see possibilities where perhaps we hadn't before.

Take care, Miracle.

 

19 hours ago, jazz said:

 

Thank you Irma.

I agree with you. Take care Irma.

Just now, TooOld4This said:

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...