Mental Support Community

A little bit about why I am here

Griz

So I said I would give some insight as to why I am here and about myself. 

So, from what I have thought, I think it all began when I was in my teenage years and my dad and I were coming back from a basketball game(Back when Vancouver Grizzlies were still around instead of Memphis).We had basically just pulled into the driveway and he started off saying "So, I probably should tell you why your penis doesn't look like everyone else's". After I heard that, I just got out of the vehicle and went into the house. Before that, I hadn't thought anything about my dick. But then I never had a gf throughout high school and I thought because of what my dad said, and that I short(5'7 in height), I started to think that my dad meant I had a small penis. So I never got naked infront of anyone, I didn't like my penis at all. 

One day a couple year later, I was on a site and was part of a community. Made some friends through the forums on there. And this one girl, who I had gotten close with as a friend, I confided in that I believed I had a small penis. She then asked me to take a picture of it and send it to her and she would be the judge. She gave me a very positive review. After that it sparked me starting to take a ton of pictures of my cock, at very flattering angles and made me look pretty big. I started having some confidence.

I ended up getting a gf in 2004(girl I ended up marrying and now divorced), everything started off fine, but over the years she would keep on mentioning about guys she found out were really really well endowed. She had said that I wasn't the biggest she ever had sex with, but I was definitely not the smallest. And loved sex with me. But the more she kept on mentioning big dicks, the more I thought I wasn't satisfying her, and confidence started taking a hit little by little. After the separation with my ex wife, I gained a good friend in a girl. we became close really quickly, I gave her a key to my apartment after knowing her all of 2 weeks cause she sometimes couldn't stand being in her own apartment because of her own roommate. I told her everything, and so I showed her pics of my cock and she said I had nothing to worry about and if my ex thought I had a small cock then she was crazy. 

My now gf, she has helped me a lot of with trying to get over that I think I have a small penis and wish I was bigger. But I always seem to come back to the feeling of wanting to be bigger and thinking I am not actually as big as I am. We went to the Taboo Sex Show a couple years ago and I got a girth enhancer, which turned out to kinda suck and we only used it once. We are now going to go again this year in a few weeks. I am thinking I want to get something better that will make me seem bigger again. I don't know if I should tell her or not. I even got her the "Little book of Big Penis'" for Christmas our first year together. Don't know why I got it for her, but I did. All because of the thoughts in my head about having a small penis. 

Anyways, that is a little bit about me. I know I rambled on quite a bit. If anyone read this all, thank you for reading and hopefully this helps explain me a little bit

Cheers!  

Hello @Griz, thanks for the explanation behind your challenges. We all have our own stories and it never ceases to amaze me how we can trick ourselves into thinking something is true even when we know it's not.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you this but I'll say it anyway. You are not even close to being small and you're actually above average in both length and girth (in all the medical studies I've seen).

If a female calls you small then she must have dated a donkey before you.

Thanks @lostboy1 I appreciate the words! I go back and forth with thinking I have a small penis and not. It’s so weird. I want to talk to my gf about it sometimes but I don’t want her to freak out cause I think she thinks I’m over it. 

I forgot to explain that I came to figure out that what my dad was probably talking about was that, while I am uncut, I don’t have a lot of foreskin. It doesn’t cover my entire head. It actually covers barely any of my head. Both my ex and gf now said they haven’t seen a penis like that. It’s either full foreskin or cut. So I like to think I have a somewhat “unique” penis lol

It's not too uncommon, mines like that. I always wanted more foreskin, but I'd trade my foreskin in for an extra inch. Jesus, I'd trade a ball for an extra inch, but that's a story for another day lol. Although I say mines like that, I always found our style of penis to be few and far between. Living in the UK pretty much everyone is uncut and I always noticed how much skin a lot of guys had. I still think we're considered small tbh, nobody would admit to our size. I know it's not small in actuality but I wouldn't be bragging about it. I sometimes wish our erect length was tattooed on our foreheads, it'd save a lot of agro. 

2 hours ago, lostboy1 said:

We all have our own stories and it never ceases to amaze me how we can trick ourselves into thinking something is true even when we know it's not.

Yep. And vice versa too. Bottom line: it's a tough life. Every moment we face challenges both external & internal. I have more thoughts on that but it's too heavy for a Sunday night.  Another time and on my thread.  

@Griz you have every right to be here. Thanks for sharing your story.  It is always insightful when someone does that. Good luck w the new girlfriend. 

It's a funny thing your dad mentioning your cock size like that and then just dropping the conversation. I had a similarly awkward conversation with my dad when I was younger where he beat around the bush about something non specific then just dropped it. Always puzzled me why they couldn't just talk openly about this sort of thing. I think my kids will be alright, they don't seem overly small, just normal, but I'd definitely talk to them openly if I needed to. But I don't think you can tell even when we're teenagers what our potential size could be, we grow right through our 20's. Even men don't factor in shrinkage or being a grower, they just clam up and hope for the best. It's a huge gaping chasm in men's mental health that should be openly discussed, especially between doctors and such. 

@YOTH yeah, my dad at the time(he’s now retired) was a doctor. But his side of the family they are awful at talking about sex and stuff openly. And that has carried on with my family. We never had the sex talk or anything. Just a note that said we had books on sex and stuff in the house that we should read up on. 

But when I left the vehicle my guess is that he too just wanted to end the conversation before it even began too lol. My dad is/can be just awkward with people. Even his own kids. 

By the way son, about your abnormal penis...ooh look a pigeon (car door slams). Lol! My dad's conversation was similar "The thing with penises is that some are big and some are small, but they grow, much like the plant I bought for your stepmum, speaking of plants, did you watch the football last night?" I get why they struggle with it tbh, they're a different generation. It was shut up and put up for them growing up. I sometimes forget he was a kid in the 60's and growing up in the 70's they've had to adapt to a lot. They don't know whether they're coming or going most of the time with the shifting politically correct climate. One minute they're calling a tranny a nancy boy and everyone is laughing along,  the next minute they're up in front of a tribunal for misgendering a non binary otherkin 😂

@YOTH For sure, sometimes I forget that as well that my dad grew up in a different time. While my dad can be good with learning about technology, he’s no good with people. He’s gotten better, but he’s still very awkward with social interactions. He also didn’t have a sex talk with his dad, his dad was also very tight lipped and didn’t talk much he said. I’ve atarted being more open although this isn’t something I commonly talk about. Although I’ve told a few friends in the aftermath of my divorce years ago. But they would start to get annoyed with me talking about it. Much like it was said in another thread that because it’s been so pent up for so long, you just start to spill and talk and ask questions. 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:39 AM, YOTH said:

They don't know whether they're coming or going most of the time with the shifting politically correct climate. One minute they're calling a tranny a nancy boy and everyone is laughing along,  the next minute they're up in front of a tribunal for misgendering a non binary otherkin

OMG lol. So f*cking funny.