Mental Support Community

Options

YOTH

People are killing themselves in here. Actually doing things that they wouldn't have done otherwise had it not been for this shit. I didn't know Resolute, but from what I can gather it wasn't just the problems in here that he had to deal with. The same with Tom, he had plenty going on other than this that he struggled with over the years. And I can't speak for Res, but it was this shit in here that hung around Tom's neck like Marley's chains. Every day they chipped away, one little piece of sanity at a time. I don't even know how he measured up size wise in reality, I haven't got a clue, but the result was him being dead regardless of inches and centimetres. What's the difference? Always looking at cocks, measuring against the next guy to weigh up my worth? Am I more worthy of love before or after the cold shower? There needs to be something between us and suicide, at least an option. His friend knew absolutely nothing about this burden. The guy he spent the most time with, the guy he saw every day, the guy he talked to when he was upset, the guy he called when he wanted to see a movie knew absolutely nothing about it. They sat next to eachother and didn't know a thing. I do it now with my mates. I talk, I argue, I laugh, and if I jumped off a bridge they'd sit around asking "why? It doesn't make sense". I can't talk properly in text, I read it back it sounds like a stranger. I downloaded an app called Zoom. You don't have to show your face, you can just speak. I think you can connect worldwide, I'll have to check. If anyone wants to do it, we'll do it. Unless you know a better way, Small and Kling mentioned something they used, we could use that. Tom was always terrified of people finding out who he was in here, it didn't matter in the end, he died, nobody knew. Nobody cares who we are, literally nobody. We have eachother if we want, if not just ignore this thread. This whole thing has tired me out. I don't care anymore, there's not enough time. Tom always talked about a group, it was what he was looking for when he first came in. I didn't know it at the time but he was at the end of his rope then. I couldn't help him. Work was catch 22. Be truly miserable and get paid well. Or leave and face the possibility of not paying his mortgage and it following him from job to job anyway like it had done before. Anyone up for doing something, let me know. Mark

41 minutes ago, YOTH said:

People are killing themselves in here. Actually doing things that they wouldn't have done otherwise had it not been for this shit. I didn't know Resolute, but from what I can gather it wasn't just the problems in here that he had to deal with. The same with Tom, he had plenty going on other than this that he struggled with over the years. And I can't speak for Res, but it was this shit in here that hung around Tom's neck like Marley's chains. Every day they chipped away, one little piece of sanity at a time. I don't even know how he measured up size wise in reality, I haven't got a clue, but the result was him being dead regardless of inches and centimetres. What's the difference? Always looking at cocks, measuring against the next guy to weigh up my worth? Am I more worthy of love before or after the cold shower? There needs to be something between us and suicide, at least an option. His friend knew absolutely nothing about this burden. The guy he spent the most time with, the guy he saw every day, the guy he talked to when he was upset, the guy he called when he wanted to see a movie knew absolutely nothing about it. They sat next to eachother and didn't know a thing. I do it now with my mates. I talk, I argue, I laugh, and if I jumped off a bridge they'd sit around asking "why? It doesn't make sense". I can't talk properly in text, I read it back it sounds like a stranger. I downloaded an app called Zoom. You don't have to show your face, you can just speak. I think you can connect worldwide, I'll have to check. If anyone wants to do it, we'll do it. Unless you know a better way, Small and Kling mentioned something they used, we could use that. Tom was always terrified of people finding out who he was in here, it didn't matter in the end, he died, nobody knew. Nobody cares who we are, literally nobody. We have eachother if we want, if not just ignore this thread. This whole thing has tired me out. I don't care anymore, there's not enough time. Tom always talked about a group, it was what he was looking for when he first came in. I didn't know it at the time but he was at the end of his rope then. I couldn't help him. Work was catch 22. Be truly miserable and get paid well. Or leave and face the possibility of not paying his mortgage and it following him from job to job anyway like it had done before. Anyone up for doing something, let me know. Mark

If i stayed in the job i was in i would not be here now. My wife has helped me a lot and is always there for me. My mam as also helped me. But the Government in our countrry lets us down most of the time with its PIP we dread going for interviews and brown evlopes coming in the door as i said my wife helps me i dont get any money or benefits. I have depression and fibromyalgia but people just take the piss saying it all in your mind which make it worse for you, people walk round with so many problem and people dont know whats going on in side them they judge people saying they are scrongers they should be working. I just hope one day people start to see these things are real it like S.P.S. its real to us and people can not see our past and what has happened to us in our lives.

Peter

I have to get up and drive to a job 5 days a week that is nothing but a frat house or locker room for adult adolescents. It's either go to work or starve. I hear dick jokes, sex jokes on a daily basis. No one believes you until it drives someone to suicide. I honestly am not that interested in a support group unless there's activism of some sort to go with it. I want revenge and justice. I'd be lying if I said I didn't because the anger, frustration, bitterness, and hatred is eating me like a cancer, and no amount of "attitude adjustment" will ever make it stop. 

I told Tom on more one occasion to fight back. I don't believe in looking for trouble, but I'm not a doormat. He was too nice sometimes, it pissed me off and I let him know. I don't know how you do it, working in that environment. I tried to tell him to be a nettle, only sting when people start fucking with you, and go hard, make sure they feel it after the fact. But he didn't want the agro. People only attack when it's easy, fight back and they'll normally move on to easier pickings. But it's tricky, I get that, I walked out of a job (I wanted out anyway it was shite) because I didn't want to be that person anymore. But if I'd been in his situation or yours where it's make or break, I'd have to do it. Exactly what would work? A charity who pressures companies to protect men being harassed? Does it have to go viral like #MeToo? What can be done? In an ideal world, no restrictions, what would you suggest that could be done realistically? I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I really want to know.