Mental Support Community

4 1/2 inches

Under5

I have a 4.5 inch erect penis and am about the same thickness.  I’ve handled my small penis pretty well.  I’ve had a lot of great sex and I am very confident in most situations.

I don’t want to offend or make others feel any worse on this site.  I do believe 4 1/2 inches is a small penis, yet I seem to be comfortable with my size in most ways.

Is this site a good place for me?  I’ve posted over the last year or so some positive messages.  I sometimes feel though that maybe I aggravate others.  That is NOT my intent.  I just want to share how I’ve come to be comfortable with who I am even though I have a small penis.

11 hours ago, peter said:

I am please you are happy with your size mate. I was upset with mine and i am much bigger with you but i am learning to be ok with my penis and learning to love my Penis.

I spent time learning to prioritize what matters most about me.  I am smart, funny, kind, non-judgmental, and curious and I also have a 4 1/2 inch penis.  I’ve had three long term sexual relationships with wonderful women who can and have attracted all different types of men.  And, I had a great time in bed with two of them and am on a wonderful sexual journey with the third who is my wife.

I believe I am entitled to have a full and enjoyable sex life.  So far, so good and still going strong at 54 years old.

I'm somewhat under 4-1/2, usually closer to 4".   My experience is that within the right relationship with the right person, this size is physically quite workable physically.  The same is true for smaller sizes as well though the number of suitable mates might be smaller.  

I have come to the conclusion that the desire for peer group and/or societal "status" is what plagues us guys with an actually small penis in this range. 

For various reasons, it is more difficult to deal with "penis size status" than other characteristics that affect status.  I'm convinced this is because the penis is hidden, its impact in status is "denied" but joked about, it is central to sexual identity and there is little or nothing that can be done about it.

In spite of any initial pain, we need to come to grips with the effect of penis size on status in peer groups and society.  We know from small penis jokes that society at large does not value men with a small penis highly and assigns a lower status to them.  However, the emphasis on penis status varies from peer group to peer group and individual potential sex partner to individual sex partner  We have to decide what level of "lower status" based on penis we can accept and choose our peer groups and pursue sex partners accordingly.

My life was pretty much a nightmare in many respects because I attempted to deal with the above through denial and alcohol which consistently got me involved with the wrong people.  I thought "confident" meant "swagger" regardless of the situation, but needed way too much alcohol to maintain such a state of mind.  I should have rejected highly status conscious people and groups for whom penis status was a major factor.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:37 PM, Under5 said:

I have a 4.5 inch erect penis and am about the same thickness.  I’ve handled my small penis pretty well.  I’ve had a lot of great sex and I am very confident in most situations.

I don’t want to offend or make others feel any worse on this site.  I do believe 4 1/2 inches is a small penis, yet I seem to be comfortable with my size in most ways.

Is this site a good place for me?  I’ve posted over the last year or so some positive messages.  I sometimes feel though that maybe I aggravate others.  That is NOT my intent.  I just want to share how I’ve come to be comfortable with who I am even though I have a small penis.

I'd be interested in how your approach which seems to be successful might differ from what I have suggested.  I suspect you might think I am too negative!

17 hours ago, uptight outasight said:

I'd be interested in how your approach which seems to be successful might differ from what I have suggested.  I suspect you might think I am too negative!

I doubt I’d think you were too negative.  I have many interests and things I love to do that have nothing to do with penis size.   That helps a lot.

Ive worked hard on realizing my good qualities as a human being, like my sense of humor, my intelligence, my compassion, my honesty, etc.  None of those have anything to do with penis size.  

I’ve internalized my own sense of value as a human being and as a man.

I’ve only had sex with good women, women who actually like themselves and are respectful people.  Also, I’ve only had sex with women who love to laugh and also have a variety of interests.  I’ve been with confident women, not women who feel the need to compete or be better than anyone else.

It’s turned out I’ve had a great sex life.  I’ve had a great time and so have they.  

Very rational approach I too believe would indeed work for those capable of implementing it.

I'm in my 70s and all this is no longer a live issue.  To put it bluntly, I was far too psychologically damaged from an extremely late puberty/small penis and alcohol dependent as conpensation to practice such a program.

I desperately wanted to and thought I SHOULD compete in the casual sex for fun derby, refusing to recognize a small penis does limit you in that arena.  That arena is probably not a good idea for those NOT HANDICAPPED either!  Big ego temptation for "beautiful" "handsome" "stacked" and the "well hung."