Mental Support Community

16 year old pedophile - reposted from new members section

rädsla

Mmm, I understand. I used to scrounge resistors and caps out of old electronics, though they were rarely the right values. ;-)

Another thought would be learning a programming language, or another one. That occupied enough of my hobby time that I ended up getting a job in computers later; I majored in Biology. :-)

The point is that, if you're determined, there's bound to be something else you can do with your time.

I thought about switching from Windows to Ubuntu so I can learn about linux. I'm sure i'll think of something, hopefully my therapist can help me out with that.. I'm really nervous about tomorrow, hopefully it all goes well.

How about tinkering with non-electronics? Mechanical devices? Inventions? Just a thought.

I actually just got the idea of building houses out of popsicle sticks. Kind of dumb I guess, but it's something to do, and I do want to be an architect. I could also throw technology in to that, giving the house working lights or something.

I'll see if I can go to AC Moore this weekend and get some supplies :(

No, it's not a dumb idea, radsla. Any idea to help you NOT surf through CP is a very good idea. And using your imagination this way can eventually lead to something else. George Lucas and Peter Jackson are two of the directors whose imagination I admire come to mind. They really didn't foresee the success of STAR WARS and The Lord of The Rings respectively, but that's where their imagination and perseverance took them. Who knows where yours can take you?

I had my first appointment today and it went great :o

First of all, she congratulated me for coming forward and seeking help and said I might have some chemical issues in my head. She's sending me for testing for depression, ADD, OCD and some other chemical issue that might be causing me to like children.

Also, after the appointment my mom and I went to the store and got some craft stuff for me to mess around with so hopefully that and school work will keep me occupied.

Thank you everybody for all your support!

Hey there Radsla,

I am so pleased that you are getting the help you need and deserve, you know i said some pretty harsh things to you early on in this thread, and i appologise, at the same time though i meant everything that i said to you.

I feel very proud of you, at the courage that you had to get the help, and the inner strength that it took to take that step forward and seeing a therapist.

I wish you luck for the future, it wont be easy to overcome your feelings, but with the courage and determination you have to get things sorted out, you will make it.

Keep us informed, ok

Take good care

Jj

Congratulations, radsla! :D

I'm glad it went well. And I'm glad that your mom got you craft materials! Wonderful! Those are one of my favorite things, even though I can't afford most of them. I just make do with what I have at home. (Well, at least on the conceptual stage! :o)

Please, I want to know how your crafts come along. It would be great if you could post pictures of them later on. I will, too, hopefully.

Oh, that's alright, radsla. Anyway, I'm gonna share what happened with my tin can. I was making a tea light holder with it. When the water inside was solid I was supposed to puncture a design around the can using a hammer and a nail. The ice was to protect the shape of the can. But I guess I was piercing too deep because the ice inside shattered and bits slipped out until there was little ice left. So, I wasn't able to finish with what I set out to do. :)

But at least I know now what to do next time. How about you, what have you been up to, lately?

Ha, that sounds funny :( and like you said, now you know what to do for next time.

I've been doing stuff on my computer (good stuff though), ordering stuff on swaptree (if you don't know what that is, you should check it out, you trade old books and movies and stuff). Also, someone saw my post and contacted me and he's really helped me out a lot. Don't thank he'll want me to say his name, but I can't express how helpful he's been, I really appreciate it.

I went shopping today and I kept seeing little boys who 'caught my attention' but I forced myself to think about something else, and it's getting better. :o

I've had a weird feeling lately, I'm not sure how to describe it - not really happy or sad, nor content. Sort of like a "what am I?" feeling, so I'm also trying to deal with that.:confused:

Thank you for your interest OCDmom, it's nice to know someone cares :)

Hi Radsla. I'm glad this person was able to help you. Did this person site personal experience same as yours? If yes, was this person able to overcome it?

Because while support from people is important, it is also important that you continue your treatment, which I hope you are. That incident in shopping, you said you noticed that you were getting better at handling the thoughts? The medication is probably taking effect.

Please DO let us know how you're faring with the meds.

Edited by OCDmom

Yeah, the person had the same problem. He didn't go in to too much detail about himself, but from what I gathered he seems to be able to manage it, but the problem hasn't fully gone away (that's just my guess though because he really didn't say).

I have no intention of stopping my counseling, it's just nice to have someone to talk to outside of that.

I did seem to be better at handling it, but I'm not on any medication. My therapist asked me if I'd be open to taking something, and I said yes, but she wants to do some tests first to make sure I'm not bipolar, etc.