Mental Support Community

Rules Reminder

Guest ASchwartz

Guest ASchwartz

I wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone that, when situations come up where members strongly disagree with one another, that they abide by the rules of conduct for our community. Here is a portion of one of the rules that I am referring to:

In all interactions related to this Community, Members must conduct themselves in a manner that shows respect for other Members and for Readers. Members should avoid judging others or devaluing their feelings and beliefs. Flame wars, harassment, disrespect and premeditated offense will not be tolerated and may lead to disciplinary action, loss of membership or ban. Examples of disrespectful behavior include but are not limited to personal attacks, character assassination, back-stabbing, name calling, posting of demeaning comments, posting of personal or private communications not intended for public exposure, repetitive preaching or evangelizing, expression of prejudice, etc. Racism and prejudice toward ethnic groups, sexual orientation, religion, disability or toward any other groups or categories will not be tolerated.

Disagreement is good but being judgmental and engaging in name calling is not.

Allan

Good morning JR.

The phrase "It is of a good shepherd to shear his flock...." as you know, was spoken by Tiberius, who reportedly insisted to all of his regional commanders that they not excessively tax the citizens. My point.... your comment regarding the rules was taxing my brain (leap of logic I know, from taxing citizens to taxing someone's brain), as was your latest statement. I'm a simple man JR:o, so you may need to speak simply for my sake. For example, what does "NEOATT" mean?

Also, let's hope we don't have or invent a pope ("habemus Papam"), as you suggest, on this topic. I do see your point very well and I think it's very valid that we be careful (I'm not sure I always am).

Edited by David O

Guest GingerSnap

I typed some of that into the search agent and came up with what it was about more or less. I knew a guy in high school who did that "word of the day" thing and used the words for practice but I prefer simple communications so that no one misses my point!

Guest ASchwartz

I also enjoy simple communications but, at the very same time, I enjoy JR's style. I find it challenging and kind of fun. Plus, I love to "kid" him about it. JR does have a sense of humor.

Allan