Mental Support Community

I can't help but have my sleeping pattern permanently fucked...

harp

My sleeping pattern is permanently fucked. I'm sleeping all day and staying up all night. I really wanna get it back on track, but I can't help it. If I can't sleep, I can't sleep, and if I can't stay awake, I can't stay awake no matter how hard I try, it's too painful. Period. What can I do about this?

Edited by harp

Maybe If you try doing activities of a day time to keep your mind and body active.

Are you allowed out yet ?

Even if its only in your garden, when you feel the tiredness get to you of a day time, get out into the fresh air.

Before bed time, Have a relaxing bath, maybe do some reading after, or relaxation excercises. It may help.

Have you spoke to your gp about this ?

Guest GingerSnap

I agree with Jj. My older son did this for a while on purpose. You have to adjust back slowing maybe setting a goal to adjust one hour a day? Fresh air will give you a wake up especially now that it is getting colder. It will take some work and some time. Sleepy type teas help and are available at the grocery store - Celestial Seasons has one and it is in the tea section. Melatonin available over the counter and relatively inexpensive can help reset your "clock". The oak: These people on the forum are a great bunch of people, best on the internet. All you have to do is reach out and be respectful and you and your needs will be respected also. I just get the feeling you have needs other than your sleep pattern.