Mental Support Community

Time to upgrade the board software ...

Mark

All,

It's time to upgrade the board software. This time it is a *major* upgrade - from the 3.x series to the new 4.x series.

http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots

I suspect that this will take the better part of a day to accomplish and may disrupt discussion for a period of time. Therefore, we should plan it out - when it occurs - and get everyone ready for the idea that it will occur so that there are no shockers.

Anyway - thoughts? Ideas about how to best proceed so that the community is minimally impacted?

Mark

We will certainly make a big annoucement and give lots of warning. That's part of what I'm doing now. I'm not in a rush, but want to get this on the table.

I don't keep stats on the community usage beyond what vBull does itself (I should though - put that on the list), and I don't believe there are internal stats that would give us the stats you'd want to see. At any rate, since this would need to be done during work hours, it would necessarily impact use of the community during that period. We don't have the luxury of a midnight install.

Guest ASchwartz

Mark and everyone,

I am back from my travels. Well, this is exciting news. My thought is that the community will survive quite well for a day or two while the new board is installed and the community upgraded. I think its great!!!:)

Archived