Mental Support Community

My friend is causing me to harm again

Karen

i have managed not to harm myself for almost 2 weeks but suddenly a friend has taken against me. i dont know why, it is nothing i have done buut i feel so hurt i have started harming myself again. i felt so good as my arms started to heal and look better and i'm scared i may not be able to stop again.

Please don't harm yourself Karen. Nothing anyone does to you deserves your inflicting harm on yourself. I do understand it because I use food to push down the feelings, but you are better off coming here and telling us about what's going on, so that we can help you sort through the feelings that are rising up in you.... you know as well as I do that cutting contributes nothing positive to your life, while we could =o)

Do you feel like sharing what has happened with this friend?

i have managed not to harm myself for almost 2 weeks but suddenly a friend has taken against me. i dont know why, it is nothing i have done buut i feel so hurt i have started harming myself again. i felt so good as my arms started to heal and look better and i'm scared i may not be able to stop again.

Hi Karen,

Not hurting yourself for 2weeks is great . Now you feel triggered by a friend who has turned against you.

Self harm is about coping , do you have any other ways of coping when you feel triggered to SI?

You stated how good it feels to see your arms healing and looking better , that is wonderful.

I self harm too, so I know just how difficult it is not to when things are not going right , especially when someone turns on you .

Try to find other coping stratigies then self harming . Be strong and fight the urges to SI. You can do it .

mscat

Archived