Mental Support Community

emergency

Ethnicgirl4life

Can you find something to do that will engage your mind? Maybe something active? Do you have any friends you can hang out with? You don't have to tell them anything if you don't want to but you're less likely to do anything if you're not alone. Can you think of anything that could distract you from doing these things?

If you think you are in danger of hurting yourself. Go to an emergency room or call the police. They can help keep you safe. Take care of yourself!!

ethnic girl....

Go get some help. Call a friend or family member if there's someone you trust. Otherwise....get yourself there. You deserve to feel better and to not hurt yourself.

you'll have to make you're own decisions but remember that we care and we'll be here for you whatever you decide to do.

ethnic girl....

Go get some help. Call a friend or family member if there's someone you trust. Otherwise....get yourself there. You deserve to feel better and to not hurt yourself.

you'll have to make you're own decisions but remember that we care and we'll be here for you whatever you decide to do.

ill be ok soon i hope

ethnic girl....

ill try an distract first then see where it goes .i feel so fat now and feel bad i ate now thats why im really uptight now

ethnic girl....

i feel a lil calmer since i started to journal now and im in my moms room and watching tv with her .My eating disorder is so intense

• 1 month later...
need help now to not purge n cut n take three diet pills please stop me from doing this PLEASE

Don't hurt yourself. Thats an order!

Instead, tell me what you would do if you were dictator of the world. I want to know the first three laws you would pass...seriously! This will help calm you and clear your mind so we can reason this thing out.

• 2 months later...
I'm soooo *depressed and crying everyday an crying now as I write this

I can't sleep although I feel like sleeping all day *and I'm eating less now and

if I eat I either excercise and or attempt to purge

Have you ever been in treatment for your eating disorder? If not , maybe it is a good time for you to do that? Do you want to get well? Admitting their is a problem and wanting help are the first step to getting better. Until then, it is going to be impossible to do this on your own. your going to need extensive therapy and support. Nobody can control your actions but you , and sometimes with Eating Disorders can take a life of their own. Reaching out to the right professionals and making a commitment to getting better , and fighting the E.D everyday with support is how you can become better again. However, you are really going to need to want to become better for yourself.

Have you ever been in treatment for your eating disorder? If not , maybe it is a good time for you to do that? Do you want to get well? Admitting their is a problem and wanting help are the first step to getting better. Until then, it is going to be impossible to do this on your own. your going to need extensive therapy and support. Nobody can control your actions but you , and sometimes with Eating Disorders can take a life of their own. Reaching out to the right professionals and making a commitment to getting better , and fighting the E.D everyday with support is how you can become better again. However, you are really going to need to want to become better for yourself.

Yes I am in treatment for my eating disorder

and still am !!!!!! Inpatient is being looked

into for me right now an I'm currently now in outpatient

treatment and like I said inpatient in a hospital or so

is being looked into for me outpatient for present moment!!!!!

I am working my butt off to. Get better An really truly

am comitted to getting better I am and I'm doing it for me

the recovery .

But I see t tommorow !!!!

But beileve me I'm so commited and really fighting Ed eating disorder Ed means and my depression which is very much mild but starting to get worse

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Ethnicgirl,

Yes, you are fighting to get better and I believe you. At the same time, my guess is that you are fighting to stay sick. This happens to everyone: "I want to get better....No I don't, I like the attention and even the suffering." This is not a criticism, its just a wierd aspect of human nature. Maybe knowing this can help. I hope so.

Allan:)

Hi Ethnicgirl,

Yes, you are fighting to get better and I believe you. At the same time, my guess is that you are fighting to stay sick. This happens to everyone: "I want to get better....No I don't, I like the attention and even the suffering." This is not a criticism, its just a wierd aspect of human nature. Maybe knowing this can help. I hope so.

Allan:)

excuse my language but hell no I'm sick of the suffering I hate it

I'm at my wits end right now an I don't want the negative attention

that goes along with being sick !!!!! I rather be seen in a postive enrgy not negative energy

I swear on my life that I want to be healthy an be more

in life / I'm sickkk of the suffering and alll that goes with it

I am fighting to save my life not fighting to keep sick I'm fighting

fighting hard againest the Ed and the depression

This is really good ! I beleive you . The reason I asked was because I have been down that road before for several yrs. I even went inpatient too, but I got out of there and lost all the weight again, because I hated the weight gain and felt "fat" plus I hated the control being taken away from me.

I had to stop the eating disorder behaviors because I ended up pregnant, nearly losing the baby. I had to force myself to take care of me. It was very difficult . but, I did have the tools to do so from the help of being inpatient and wanting a healthy child. It was not until then that I got better...

I do have forever damage from the E.D. and that was 17yrs ago... SO I do know what it is like from personal experience and I feel for you and everyone else who is struggling .

Sometimes , when I read your posts I can really tell that your struggling. I just wanted you to know that you have to rise above the feelings you have against yourself and body, and keep telling yourself that you want to get better and be healthy. Self talk in a positive manner , always . Try to convince yourself that it will be ok , and eating is ok and good for your body.. That your not fat , and can be accepted, loved for who you are . It really is true that it is what is inside that counts . AND how you feel about yourself . If you keep hating yourself all the time it is easy to treat yourself badly . Self punishment , deniel of food , purging , abusing your body .... We only have one body , ya know , and one life . It is more important to take care of yourself nicely then keep destroying it.

You will feel so much better once the Eating Disorder does not rule your life .

Archived