Mental Support Community

I'm drowning

Calla

Another problem is my eyes are now the size of golf balls and history tells me they still will be all day tomorrow....I hate that. I feel eveyone knows. But does eveyone agree that in this day and age we should not be ashamed for any mental problems. I quite resolutely support that. So if it means going out looking like a frog then so be it I guess :(

Please Calla whatever you do don't do anything to hurt yourself. You've helped me and I'm sure a lot of other people out here in interweb-land. I know how bad the horror-graphics can be. Is there anyone you can talk to or sit with. If you're like me your strongest instinct is to isolate when you feel this bad - I'm trying to learn from my mistakes and beat that urge by reaching out, whether online or on the phone. It's hard, but easier than dealing with new scars.

Please check in again and let me know how you're coping.

(Sorry a lot of this reply was written before the last few posts hit my computer. I hope you see your star.)

Thank you. I feel a bit calmer. I have reached out to you all here instead of hurting myself or phoning anyone, so thank you.

The man in question text me saying it's ok i want to spend time with you. But he is younger and dont think he is "equiped" to deal with me.

I just don't feel I can ever "impose" myself on anyone and that hurts. But I'm ok, I have calmed down from my heightened emotions. I just still don't know what exactly my purpose is here. I don't work full time, I can't have a relationship......what is the point?

I'm in the same boat. I had to drop from full to part time at work, I haven't had relationship since my marriage ended six years ago, I don't ask girls out because I immediately think "what would I have to offer?" and I wonder what the point is in continuing.

I think maybe it's as simple as "Life sucks, but the alternative truly blows". Bad things happen to good people, and vice versa, but overall I think the kharma thing might actually even out.

And hey, we're meek so we have a good legal claim on the whole freakin' planet, biblically. That's gotta count for something, huh?

Wow that was all a bit of a disaster last night. Sorry for that :(

But yeah "what have I got to offer?" thats exactly how I feel. But yeah maybe owning the worth of earth might be payback at some point :)

I should never have told "the guy" about my depression though....really regret that. But hey ho, its out there now :(

Archived