Mental Support Community

I can't get no sleep

nathan

Insomnia has hit me hard again. This will be my 4th day straight if I dont fall asleep tonight. Im assuming I will though, because I'v never done four days straight.

I hate how there is nothing to do in the middle of the night, as if I didnt feel lonely and confined already.

Trapped.

I wish i could run away from the world, and find somwhere to just let out all anger and hate and fire. Where boredom turns into lust.

All that energy can just be free.

I hate insomnia. On a positive note, insomnia by faithless is making me kinda happy right now.

I cannnnnt getttt no sleeeeeep...that thought is going to play over in my head now and i'll develop sleep anxiety.

I wish i wasn't concious.

Nathan I know how awful insomnia can be so I sympathise with you. What kind of meds are you taking? Don't any of them help you sleep? The meds my doc gave me help me a lot. Since i've been taking them I usually get a good eight hours of sleep a night. it does make a difference. I hope you can find a solution. What you said reminds me of some lines from a favourite poem of mine:

I long for scenes where man has never trod;

A place where woman never smil'd or wept;

There to abide with my creator, God,

And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept:

Untroubling and untroubled where I lie;

The grass below--above the vaulted sky. (John Clare, I Am)

Take care Nathan.

It's a cruel kind of torture sometimes isn't it. I used to have bad trouble sleeping. I find I'm much better now. A lot of it for me was diet but that doesnt work for everyone.

But I still get the odd time and I feel like I want to go and smash something, just let everything out.

I think my body got into the habit of not letting me sleep, even if I had done everything right. But now I never look at the clock during the night if I can't sleep. I have some carbs and I distract myself for a bit then try again.....I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already...sorry.

I hope you've had some better nights.

Archived