Mental Support Community

Live Chat

tobeistohope

This would be the best site if only it had live chat so we could talk to each other live! I'm sure there is a reason that there is none, and I am not at all downing this site. It has been a big help to me. Just wish I could get to know ppl better by chatting. :)

Complete strangers chatting to people who are very vulnerable and may be minors (under 18) is not a wise idea...

Theres one reason why a chat system might not work well on this site, imagine a young 15 yr old girl in distress, some stranger comes along and comforts her via live chat. He offers to meet up etc etc...

not a good idea.

I do see your point, Guy, but that can happen in any chat room. There are mentally ill ppl everywhere and ppl looking for comfort in every chat room. :)

But, maybe this is a better idea, maybe those who want to can exchange IM addys and talk live that way. I just wish I had someone to talk to live I guess. :(

Hello,

I understand your reasons, Amy, and I agree with Guy, but mostly with your conclusion that <<maybe those who want to can exchange IM addys and talk live that way>>.

I just want to add my personal feeling about chat: I don't like live chat in general, even not Skype (I avoid it and some friends can't understand... I should probably tell them that "it's a kind of social phobia", but... :))... And when I imagine a chat in English, it's "too bad" for me. My English is so horrible when I speak. Yes, it could be a useful practice, but... I really much much prefere writing. Yes, I make mistakes there, too, but... it's not so "horrible"... :( And I have more time to think out what I want to write - that's probably the most important thing. And I also can change it.

But I really wish you to find someone to chat here!!! :)

Guest GingerSnap

I totally agree with Guy Out There. This website is a little more unique then most others. Perhaps those wanting live chat could make an arrangement to meet in one of the social networking sites. I don't care for live chat but I don't spend very much time on the computer.

I again found this site to be very near live chat. you just have to wait a little while. the interaction is still here just a little bit delayed and I agree safer as well. these days u have got to be very careful. I have heard some horrific stories that happened to people via internet. I have never used a chat room, but that should be a good alternative.

luv snoeps

Archived