Mental Support Community

Is recovery worth the anguish & suffering

windsybarbie

Hi There: :):confused::)

Right now I need encouragement that I will be okay and once I start working with my inner family things will be okay. I feel so abandoned and neglected and I try to be positive and hopeful. Lately I wonder, WHY, I can go down the wrong road, but now I have things to look forward to, but I am afraid of the past.

My widowed brother, who in the past was there for me, just called me after 2wks. I could only talk to him for 10 min, and he knows I got my memories. While I have really been processing for 5 yrs, he was with me thru the worst, and now he is in denial. He said what are you depressed? I tried to tell him NO contact from my siblings. It hurts so much too be alone, and too be misunderstood and be their scapegoat. In the past I tried to send him some DID info to look at, but no mention of it, and now I don't even think he would go to T with me.

I have been thru hell and back and always there for others. When I NEED the support, it sems it is NOT there. I was afraid when the feelings came out, I would not be able to handle it, and my protector was right. Now I am feeling instead of being a shell and a robot, and I am all alone, just as I have for since age 4.

In past when I was not getting the response of support which I was hoping for, I would take a few extra pills. I never wanted to die, I am scared of dying, but I wonder why do I work so hard to keep living. My family have disowned me b/c I finally have a reason for my crashes. I also have fibro & ibs and go for injections every 6 wks to continue working at a high school.

The only hope I have is that I start work in 2 wks, and I can be focused on something else not self help etc....

Lately all I am doing is crying and getting activated alot more and not being in present and focused. I see my pdoc for 30 min today and I have to wait until Wed to talk to my inner child (exile that remembered). Thx for listening.....I would be interested to know how others handle rejection....

I'm sorry you're feeling down, Windsy. :) It's tough to be struggling emotionally and then lose the support of a family member. I hope things aren't too painful for you tonight.

I'm looking at your thread title and my answer to your question would be a resounding yes! When you find a place of serenity with your past pains, this will free up your resources to potentially experience more positive feelings. The road to recovery can be a struggle, but finding contentment with your life can lead to new and positive experiences.

I am wondering, do you have a therapist in addition to your pdoc? Is there someone to confide in who will be there for you and support you through this? I hope you keep expressing yourself here. Hopefully others will soon offer their support as well.

Irma Jean: What you say rings, true. Thanks...

Yes I see my IFS Therapist this morning and I would like to talk to my inner family, as they are really activated lately. I have not been myself, since Wed, and this has never happened b4. My pdoc knows, I saw him Monday.

This am, I just emailed my T (first time) and I asked for a bean bag chair, sand tray, puppets for my am session. I only have 5 min and then I was going to learn how to talk to my inner family and try to do it on my own, when they are activated.:) But as I told him in email, little windsy can't tell him the summary of last 10 days,but we can ian an email. I hope this makes sense, as I just ramble lately....

For 3 nights in a row I have been sleeping maybe less than 4 hrs, last night was 1 and then toss & turn and computer since 7am. I am just starting remembering stage of PTSD, I have been down for a while, but now more positive. Yesterday I had a nail in my tire, signed up for a consultation how to put on makeup, rescheduled app't I had. I was frazzled for 1/2 and then okay for an hour when auto club came. Things can only get better,,,,Right...Thanks for listening to my post. I hope you have a good day Irma Jean....Take Care

Archived