Mental Support Community

Am I a pedophile? [PLEASE HELP]

confusedboy16

Hello,

I'm ConfusedBoy. Recently, since two weeks ago, I've been worrying about being a pedophile. Everyone says it's OCD, because I've obbsessed over this before, along with thinking I was a psychopath, but, this time it f eel real. I feel like I am genuinly attracted to children. I'm confused and feeling depressed and suicidal. I keep thinking if I am one I'll kill myself. The reason I worry is because I have masturbated over children before. I've seen children, well I think they were children, out and about, and found them attracted. I've never thought about having sex with a child, or anyone at that. Now a male, female or child. I have NO sexual desire. I'm 16, gay, and have a foot fetish. I get worried about going out in public, incase I see a child. I'm constantly questioning myself, saying "what if...", "I will kill myself if I'm one...". I just can't get it out of my head. I don't know what to do. It comes and goes. I may obbsess one week, then it's gone the next. When the obbsession is not there I don't even notice children. The thought of a child never comes into my mind. I don't worry about this. I feel like I'm just in denial, am I? Am I a monster? Am I just "confused"? If so, how can I just be confused? I feel like my mind's playing trick's on me, but I think this attraction is real. I worry what I might do when I'm older, I've read a pedophile always acts on their urges. Even if I see a child on the TV I have to turn over, or something about a child, etc. I've had thoughts in my head, thoughts which just pop up. I'm so worried. What should I do?

Confused,

My first suggestion would be to look at what you just wrote.

My (non-professional) analysis:

Pedophile does not yell about it in large red letters.

Obsessive does.

Have you received any treatment at all for OCD? Wouldn't it make sense to try that first, before assuming it's something else or even killing yourself?

What should you do? Go get treatment for OCD. Then, see whether you need treatment for something else. Okay?

Confused,

My first suggestion would be to look at what you just wrote.

My (non-professional) analysis:

Pedophile does not yell about it in large red letters.

Obsessive does.

Have you received any treatment at all for OCD? Wouldn't it make sense to try that first, before assuming it's something else or even killing yourself?

What should you do? Go get treatment for OCD. Then, see whether you need treatment for something else. Okay?

Malign,

Why don't they? I don't know what to do! I don't want to be one! I can't live like that...

I would imagine that a true pedophile would not shout about it because they would want to keep doing it.

There are lots of things I don't want to be, Confused. But I believe that life doesn't drag us along against our wills. You get to choose who to be.

So, we already know you don't want to be a pedophile.

Do you want to spend your life afraid that you are one?

If not, please talk to someone about how much time you spend worrying. It's not necessary, and the worry can be reduced without changing who you want to be (and who you don't.)

Dear cb

I doubt it's true that all pedophiles act on their urges. Nothing is that cut and dried. As malign said, you get to choose. It obviously worries you terribly and this amount of worry points to obsession. I agree that getting help with worrying is probably what you should do - how does this sound to you?

• 4 weeks later...

Please help me.

I am ever so confused. I have been diagnosed with OCD, offically, by my doctor and medication presribed. I still think I'm a pedo. I'm sure I'm attracted, when I'm out and about I'm constantly looking at people in a sexual way, and almost looking for someone to look at. Thing is, I have no sexual desire. I'm worried that when I'm older I may abuse a child as I'm gay, and have had no sexual relationship. Everyone tells me pedophiles always attack. I don't want to. I saw a boy today, he must have been about , and I questioned whether or not I was attracted to him. That's the thing! I just don't know. I feel like I am trying to avoid the situation, like pretending I'm not one. Like I'm finding it hard to admit I am, but that's the thing, one minute I think I am, the next I don't. I HAVE masturbated over younger boys before. But in general, I guess, I don't FEEL attracted to CHILDREN. I just don't know. Am I? I get scared about going out incase I see a child. It's like I want to see children though?

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Confused,

At age 16 it is unrealistic to think you are a pedo. Also, you state that you are not attracted to children. However, you have OCD and you are obsessing over this.

Meds are not enough for OCD. Are you in psychotherapy, especially Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?

Allan

I have been out all day. I've seen many kids, and looked at them sexually. I even just saw a boy at Tesco in football typed clothing, must have been 10-11, I found the idea of him attractive. Let me put it this may, I want to kiss older boys, and "make out", but I don't to younger boys. It's merely about feet. I know, it's weird. I don't have any urge to have sex with any type of boy. I seem to like sporty boys. I really think I'm a pedo. Just not admiting it! I DID find a few "Children" attractive today. It's like I look for them, but I'm sure I don't?

Sometimes with OCD you can have opposing thoughts. Thoughts that aren't true but torture you daily into trying to believe they're true. For instance, a day care employee who loves children but is NOT a pedophile and they KNOW they aren't is suffering from thoughts that they may be one even though they know it's not true. It's a form of anxious thought that happens to distract your mind while scary things are happening. Is anything scary happening in your life right now? When do you feel these thoughts? When did they start? Backtracking usually can lead you to help. I forgot what these kinds of thoughts are called but they are OCD. If you KNOW you're not a pedophile then these thoughts are just distracting you from another problem it sounds like. For Ex. It's like thinking of something horrible while having sex or something (thinking something negative during a relatively normal/positive experience). It's mind torture. If this is what it sounds like then I hope this helps you.

I just masturbated over a 13/ 14 year old, I fancy him, and have done for some time. If I add things up, I've masturbated over quite a fre younger boys. I have no desire to have sex with them. If I see a young boy out in public I start to wonder if I'm attracted to him, and if I see a person I'm attracted to I start to worry about their age.

Hello Waiting,

Today has been horrible. I haven't seen any children, but I have been worrying, again. I saw a picture of a child in sports clothes, and I'm sure I felt something. I'm so worried at the moment. I'm worried I might masturbate over an image of a child. The worry comes and goes. I don't even think about children when I'm not worring.

Archived