Mental Support Community

Out of the shadows

Hotspot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hotspot, first off I am so glad you found a therepist that you seem to like and that you didn't get discouraged by the first one and hung in.

Secondly, oh wow, what a wonderful thing you and your wife are doing. Not many can do what you guys are doing in providing a healthy enviroment for these children. At the same time I kinda agree with your counselor, all that is going on could definatly be a trigger. These children come to you having been traumatized themselves one way or another. When I was still working as crime victims' advocate I would have to work with other agencies, such as child protection services, and I agree with you 100% that the system is severly lacking to put it kindly. There is no consistancy at all and children suffer, they are bounced around so much, how can they even know if they are coming are going, no wonder they often have trust issues. Trying to work with this system could also be a trigger, I know it was for me.

I'm glad you are taking the extra time for yourself, you have alot to deal with. You have taken so many positive steps since the first post, Go Hotspot! You are truly an inspiration.

Hi Hotspot, that is awesome that you and your wife have commited your life to helping others.

I understand about the difficulties with the young boy, I have an autistic son and although he is 14, he does have is delays and definatly his moments of rage. And I understand about the triggers, my son is a trigger for me, as well. I really hate thinking that but he is and I think just knowing helps us understand how to react just like you are going through hotspot.

Keep up with the counseling, I know sometimes I leave mine saying ok so what did we really accomplish? But we do accomplish something everytime we go not just for us but for the therapist as well. They are fact finding at first, they want to address the important red flags and help us maintain some way of handling life....

Hang in there !!!

Hey its a cold morning here in NJ, who's got the hot water for cocoa??? :D

Archived